Mountain Lion around Danielsville

Lowjack

Darn cat walked from Georgia to Hollywood California , must be hungry LOL

IrishSniper

I live 20 minutes east of Columbus. I've seen cat prints almost as big as my hand, so either we have panthers or mutant bobcats.

doublebarrel

I have seen two mountains lions in Greene County and there have been several sightings since the deer population increased in late 1950s.BB

gat78

Since we're sharing big cat pics...

I have a trail cam setup on my property in Carnesville. Surprisingly, I caught this guy on camera. I thought it might be a bobcat, but the body type just doesn't look right. This guy looks slinky, not as much body mass as I would think a bobcat has. Then one of my neighbors said we have lynx in GA! I've never heard that and wondered what y'all's opinion was on this guy.

Attachments

• Lynx.jpg
    Lynx.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 351

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a trail cam setup on my property in Carnesville. Surprisingly, I caught this guy on camera. I thought it might be a bobcat, but the body type just doesn't look right. This guy looks slinky, not as much body mass as I would think a bobcat has. Then one of my neighbors said we have lynx in GA! I've never heard that and wondered what y'all's opinion was on this guy.

Yes, that's 100% bobcat, looks pretty normal to me. And no, there are no lynx in Georgia. Unless you count the fact that bobcats are technically known as Lynx rufus.

The mtn man

Yep young bob cat, I'v seen a couple lynx while working and hunting in Maine, they are normally way bigger than a bobcat, at least their heavy coat makes them look that way, they also have a very large track, their feet look like their about 3 times too big.They are also colored differently than a bob cat, they also have a very pronounced (tuft), on their ears, at least I think thats what it's called, I also read that the lions that were introduced to south Ga some years ago were steril, also some were trapped in the wild from texas, and relocated there and some were introduced from captivity, from what I read they scattered, if they were really steril they all should be dead by now.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ummmm.....that's a bobcat

T

GA DAWG

Here's you a painter.

Attachments

• dartedlion.jpg
    dartedlion.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 326

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here's you a painter.

Yep, that's a painter. Don't think we have much sagebrush growing in Georgia, though. :bounce: Trapperman forum is a goodun, ain't it? :)

GA DAWG

Yep, that's a painter. Don't think we have much sagebrush growing in Georgia, though. :bounce: Trapperman forum is a goodun, ain't it? :)
You ain't been all over Ga and don't live here.
Yeah that is a good place. I posted over there to :D

Bigtimber

I'd hate to be the one had to release him out of that trap. He looks a little meaner than me...

Yea several people have seen it this week on hwy 98 between danielsville and ila!!my dog food barrel keep getting turned over at night I got my trail camera out trying to get pics

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Yes there is too. Where is the time date stamp on the pic?
What is that white object to the starboard side of the pic?

T

All I see is a Bigfoot IN the tree over the cat, way in the back ground.......That is clearly a Bigfoot!
You can see its long arms extended out, kind of like a flying pose, if you will. Cone shaped head......its all there. surely you all see it too:huh:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dawg you said you get it......................I'll never doubt you again:cheers::clap::D

Two threads about mountain lions around Danielsville? Interesting.