Mountain lion pic (new pic)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
How many of y'all have ever skinned a skunk? I did a few back when I was trapping. You don't want to hit those scent glands.

rosewood

How many of y'all have ever skinned a skunk? I did a few back when I was trapping. You don't want to hit those scent glands.
Kind of like diffusing an IED I imagine.

rosewood

Of course, now may be the time for me to try something like that. I lost my sense of smell when I had COVID. It hasn't fully come back. I can't smell poop or cat litter or things like that. I might not be able to smell the skunk right now. Can't say.

Rosewood

jdgator

Of course, now may be the time for me to try something like that. I lost my sense of smell when I had COVID. It hasn't fully come back. I can't smell poop or cat litter or things like that. I might not be able to smell the skunk right now. Can't say.

Rosewood

That’s a silver lining if I ever heard one. “ I lost my sense of smell due to COVID but at least I can skin a skunk.”

Lololol

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I dont think I ever saw a live skunk in the 41 years I lived and hunted the SE. Started hunting midwest in 05 or 06 before moving up here and they are a regular occurrence. Smelled them in the south, just dont remember seeing them.

I actually like the smell of skunk on the roads. Always reminds me of spraying skunk pee on boots when I first started hunting deer. Wouldnt care for it much if sprayed :bounce:

I do remember the 1st armadillo I ever got on trail cam down in heard county. Had never seen one that far north and bam they were everywhere

rosewood

That’s a silver lining if I ever heard one. “ I lost my sense of smell due to COVID but at least I can skin a skunk.”

Lololol
And my poop don't stink either. At least not to me. :)

across the river

Rosewood
Get some Flonase. Doctor recommended it when I lost mine and I went from being unable to smell anything to having all of my smell back within a week.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
My dog got sprayed a couple weeks ago. I had to run one back in the woods to get to my truck this morning also. Coolest thing I've seen and videoed of them is One came wondering up while I was in my tree stand deer hunting and commenced to digging up a yellow jackets nest 20 yards away. You could see the wasps all over the thing and it would just rake them off and out of its hair straight into its mouth and back to diggin and eating the nest. This went on for about 20 minutes and it just wondered back off lickin its chops. I got down after the hunt and checked out the damage and there were maybe 3 yellow jackets buzzing around and a hole. I like skunks.

Wifeshusband

Skunks are extremely rare where I hunt. Seen only one deer hunting. Saw a lot on guard duty on Santa Rosa Island in the 70's--big 'uns. They would come up to the guard shack every night in the summer and eat moths dropping to the ground at the guard shack light. I just sat there five fee from them in a chair and watched them eat. I didn't bother them and they didn't bother me. Entertaining to say the least.

In the 90's we were overwhelmed with armadillos. They were everywhere, the nasty things. They have been completely gone for at least ten years. Don't know what happened. Is it true they carry the gene for leprosy?

Rosewood

:LOL::sick:
I did a deep dive into the data on loss of smell a few weeks ago. I read that Zinc can help restore it faster.

rosewood

:LOL::sick:
I did a deep dive into the data on loss of smell a few weeks ago. I read that Zinc can help restore it faster.
Been taking it since the week I had covid.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Skunkbob used to live under my house and come out and rub around my legs for me to feed him. He came around when he was a lil' feller. Tame as a housecat. I don't think I could have possibly made him spray me. He was a pretty fascinating critter. His favorite things were mac and cheese and porkchop bones.

bob.jpg

bob3.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Skunkbob used to live under my house and come out and rub around my legs for me to feed him. He came around when he was a lil' feller. Tame as a housecat. I don't think I could have possibly made him spray me. He was a pretty fascinating critter. His favorite things were mac and cheese and porkchop bones.

View attachment 1065944

View attachment 1065945

I've had one in the garage eating cat food a few times in last couple of years, but it wasn't tame in the least, just hungry. Always a little nervous opening door from house when it would take off running out of garage.

rosewood

View attachment 1065944

View attachment 1065945
Adorable.

Friend had a de-scented one for a pet. Said everyone wanted to pet it.

rosewood

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Theres a small skunk run over in front of the plant this morning.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

View attachment 1065944

View attachment 1065945

I had one as a pet when I was a youngun, Solid black with a small white V on the back of its neck. Its name was Aroma.

rosewood

Dang, y'all making me want one. However, my cat is plenty for now, one pet is enough at one time.