Mr. Holt

pendy

Just wondering how you are doing. I hope you are getting stronger each and every day. ::; ::;

Pendy

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Same Here Guys...

I know Mr. Vernon's home and doing better, and wish him the very best in full recuperation -- We need folks with his wisdom as a part of this group!

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
My thanks to all for asking! I continue to show improvement, even if it is slow. Went to my Spinal Doctor yesterday, and after examining my latest scan, he gave me the go-ahead to take my back brace off on an experimental basis. Praise God Almighty, free at last. Took my first stand up shower today in three months. Even that is a blessing.

Am taking a daily walk of about one tenth of a mile and back. Am hoping this will help build strenght needed for the turkey season. May not make it, but it is okay to wish isn't it.

Depression is an ever present threat for me. Can't help thinking of so many things around my place that need attention, and here I am, unable to do very little. I have a fully equipped wood working shop and haven't turned a saw on this winter. This is enough to send one into depression.

Did look out the window a few days ago and saw seven does and two bucks walking through my yard. Have enjoyed the bird feeder as well.

My Faith has sustained me, and shall continue to do so.

Vernon

GeauxLSU

Mr. Vernon,
Thanks for the update and VERY glad to hear you are improving! If there is ANYTHING at all I could help with, the first decent weather weekend I may just jump on my motorcycle and head up there (or pack the family truckster and bring the crew) to your neck of the woods. Just let me know what needs gettin' done and I'll try and not mess it up too bad. (I'll likely require some close 'supervision'. :eek: )
Sure hope you are aggravating the mess out of some birds this spring! ::; ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

ramblinrack

very pleased to hear that my ol friends recovery seems to be progressing nicely. try not to over-do it mr vernon. i truly admire your determination to be ready for those turkeys. you are one of a kind sir. godspeed...

::; ::; ::;

cowboyron

Thats great news Mr. Vernon....you just keep the faith as we all know you will and you will be back in them woods in no time.

TurkeyCreek

Mr. Vernon,

Glad to hear that you are making progress. Its good that you are able to get outside and do some walking. I hope that you are able to get out in the woods this spring.