Mr. Vernon Holt

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I have just learned of the passing of Mr. Holt. I have no others details as of now.

Those of you who knew him know just what a great Georgia Gentlemen we have lost. He was an irreplaceable treasure and many of us are much better people from his guidance.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Agreed Jeff. He was a very knowledgeable man. He will be missed.
RIP Mr. Vernon

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Prayers for the family

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
RIP Vernon. I always wanted to meet him in person, but never had the honor.

Meriwether Mike

RIP Mr. Vernon. Prayers for comfort for Mrs. Billie, Richard and their family. Mr. Vernon was a true treasure of knowledge and a great friend. I will miss our porch visits. The world is a lesser place with his passing.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
"There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even when they have gone the light remains." Vernon Holt left a giant spotlight. Rest in peace Mr. Vernon.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Arrow3 messaged me last eve with the news and it hurt.

I told him many times that I looked forward to his response on whatever the topic happened to be because it came with thought and experience and understanding.

specialk

Thanks MD for posting...he was a very knowledgable man.....prayers to his family...

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Man, I really hate to hear this. Seemed like a fine man. I never met him, just chatted with him through here, but he was like an old friend. I hunted some land that he managed many years before me, and he told me a lot of history about it. He shared some great stories with me, and I know he had many more. I would’ve loved to have sat around a fire with him and listened to his stories all night.

Rest in peace, my friend.

K80

Probably one of the most knowledgeable posters on here. Always enjoyed learning from his post.

RIP Mr. Holt

Big7

The Oracle
Always had some interesting threads.
RIP and prayers for the family.