Muck Boots Sold to Rocky Boot Company

Sixes

I remember in the late 80s and early 90s when Rockys were the boot to buy. Cornstalkers. Mucks will now follow the same path.

The only place to ge t Rockys was at outdoor stores, some shoe stores or shows. As soon as they started showing up at walmart, the quality and Customer service disappeared. Every brand cheapens out as soon as their product is in walmart.

Rocky is not the only ones that sold out. Ga Boot, LaCrosse, Wolverine are all crap now. Timberland hikers use to be great, but they got to be crap years ago and I switched to Danner boots.

I still wear Danner for work and hunting boots and I have a couple of pairs put up for future use because I figure it is just a matter of time before they are crap too. Some swear by Keen, but I tried them and returned them within a few days. Terrible fit and undersized for me

It might be time to try Crispi, Zamberlan or Kenetrek, but they are pricey.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The last and final pair of Rocky boots I bought didn't make it thru two days (16 hours) walking on railroad rocks...Guess what? Soles came off.

Guess I will have to try and make my Mucks last, as this is probably the last good pair...

aabradley82

I’ve bought my last pair of outback’s. It’s only USA thorogoods and Danners for me now. I think I might try a pair of Schnees for not work hunting boots

jbarron

BANNED
Bought these stuck them in closet for a few months(because I had bought other pairs) .... Pulled these out to wear to shoot dove .... got in truck ...stopped at DQ ....went to get in truck one sold fell off .... I stopped at Wal-Mart to grab a cheap pair to shoot in ....the other sole fell off in the middle of Wal-Mart ...

Now that's funny... :rofl:

nickel back

Bought these stuck them in closet for a few months(because I had bought other pairs) .... Pulled these out to wear to shoot dove .... got in truck ...stopped at DQ ....went to get in truck one sold fell off .... I stopped at Wal-Mart to grab a cheap pair to shoot in ....the other sole fell off in the middle of Wal-Mart ...

Had the same thing happen to me pretty much, sad thing is I bought a pair of Rocky boots about 20 years ago and still have them, been the best pair of boots I have owned.

With that said, I will never buy Rocky boots agian, their custmer service sucks and their boots suck now.....Sad sad sad

Mike 65

Oh well. So much for Muck Boots. Nice while they lasted (lol). Reckon I'll be looking at Dry Shod now, if I can afford 'em...
I have a pair of Dryshod and love them. The man who started the Dryshod boot co. is the same who started Muck IIRC.

hdgapeach

I have a pair of Dryshod and love them. The man who started the Dryshod boot co. is the same who started Muck IIRC.

Exactly! That's why I'm looking into Dryshod when my Mucks start looking "iffy". From what I understand, Jim Donohue, the founder of Muck and Dryshod, had some improvements in mind that he didn't add to the Muck line of boots. He saved those new ideas for his new boot, Dryshod. I would have already purchased at least one pair already if my Mucks would ever wear out (lol).

I hope y'all realize that Georgia Boot is also owned by Rocky Brands. I had an almost new pair of pull on work boots which the soles crumbled and fell off of. The retailers that I talked related that it was a common problem and that GA Boot would do nothing about it. Don't buy GA Boots thinking that you are supporting a Georgia business because you aren't!

K80Shooter

I had the same problem with Rocky's. 1st pair the bottoms came apart. I sent them to Rocky for another pair. I purchased another brand to wear while I waited. When the new ones arrived I put them in the closet as I had a pair that I was wearing. The next year when I took them out to wear the bottoms had completely disintegrated. (both shoes) Rocky would not make these good even though I had never worn them. I tossed them in a fire and will never purchase anything from them again.

livetohunt

This was a major problem with Rocky boots in the late 90's and early 2000's..I quit buying their boots back then, but cannot believe they are still making boots like this..How have they stayed in business? Terrible company to buy from or deal with!

GeorgiaGlockMan

I like my Danner boots. 7 maybe 8 years old. Only wear them about 20 or 30 days a year when it is cooold.

I think they will outlast me at this rate.

Still go through a pair of BPS zipper snake boots about every other year or so, but they get used alot so I can live with that.

ldavid008

Bought a pair of Rocky's in late '94, probably the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn. Soles didn't fall off but they did crack in multiple places after just a couple of months, with all the stories haven't bought Rocky's since.

Oldstick

This is just mind boggling to me. I mean I haven't seen even a $3 pair of flip-flops from Dollar General, fail in that short of a time.