Munson

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I use to call and talk to him on his call in show. First time I talked to him, I couldn't believe I was actually talking to him. He was in my life from as long as I can remember. Like family I had never met. Dad and I use to listen to him all the time from when I was a baby, on up to his final days. I loved listening to Larry. I used to record his radio broadcasts and listen to them over and over. Except a loss, of course. That sucked! Didn't need to hear that again. :bounce: I've got many radio recordings of Dawg games going back to the late 80s. Most are complete games. I digitized them all by dumping the cassette recordings to my computer many years ago. His later years, I hooked the radio up directly to my computer and recorded them that way. No more buying cassette tapes! And much easier! :bounce: I also recorded games on VHS tapes, but once YouTube came around, I could just go watch games there. I was / am addicted to Georgia football. I'm sorry, we all have problems. Thankfully mine is something as harmless as football. :bounce:

If y'all would be interested in listening to those old radio broadcasts, I can maybe upload them somewhere for you to listening to them. I even have the last game Larry called. ?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Excellent tribute and you are one DGD dd.

Thank you Sir. I consider that high praise coming from on such as yourself. Born and Bred a Dawg I may not have been, but I have come to love the Dawgs these past 20yrs as if I had never know anything else.

Silver Britches

Thank you Sir. I consider that high praise coming from on such as yourself. Born and Bred a Dawg I may not have been, but I have come to love the Dawgs these past 20yrs as if I had never know anything else.
That's awesome, dd! You've got a good head on your shoulders! :bounce:

:cheers:

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I use to call and talk to him on his call in show. First time I talked to him, I couldn't believe I was actually talking to him. He was in my life from as long as I can remember. Like family I had never met. Dad and I use to listen to him all the time from when I was a baby, on up to his final days. I loved listening to Larry. I used to record his radio broadcasts and listen to them over and over. Except a loss, of course. That sucked! Didn't need to hear that again. :bounce: I've got many radio recordings of Dawg games going back to the late 80s. Most are complete games. I digitized them all by dumping the cassette recordings to my computer many years ago. His later years, I hooked the radio up directly to my computer and recorded them that way. No more buying cassette tapes! And much easier! :bounce: I also recorded games on VHS tapes, but once YouTube came around, I could just go watch games there. I was / am addicted to Georgia football. I'm sorry, we all have problems. Thankfully mine is something as harmless as football. :bounce:

If y'all would be interested in listening to those old radio broadcasts, I can maybe upload them somewhere for you to listening to them. I even have the last game Larry called. ?

Should you ever do it, I'd be all in.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

We never want them to lose but even if they do it’s still a great day to be a Dawg!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I will say this, I really didn't care much to hear Loran's voice. Always sounded like he had a buzz going on. :rofl:
I get that. He had a pretty weak voice as well. But I've seen people just about come to blows a time or 2 talking about Lorans voice ?

Silver Britches

Y'all remember the name of Larry's spotter? What was his parents thinking? Seriously? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Silver Britches

And I think Scott Howard is great. He wants to win just as bad as Munson, and he don't mind letting us know. I enjoy those guys too. No one can replace Munson, but Scott is a perfect replacement.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer

I've met folks from Erk, Vince(been to his house) , Most of the players, but when I met Larry in my profile pic. I just said, "I love you". He just chuckled and told me I was a #1 DAWG.
We never want them to lose but even if they do it’s still a great day to be a Dawg!
And that's the TRUTH!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I will say this, I really didn't care much to hear Loran's voice. Always sounded like he had a buzz going on. :rofl:
But back in the day when I worked at Hodgson's Pharmacy he would come in and pay his bill that his wife and kids had. He WAS a very handsome man. That was back in the late 70's. I don't like his voice anymore either, but it's a familiar voice for this old dawg.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
But back in the day when I worked at Hodgson's Pharmacy he would come in and pay his bill that his wife and kids had. He WAS a very handsome man. That was back in the late 70's. I don't like his voice anymore either, but it's a familiar voice for this old dawg.
Good ole (old) Hodgson's pharmacy. We lived almost across the street. Corner of milledge and university. The house towards 5 points.

MX5HIGH

We went to watch the Bulldawgs play “back in the day” and listened to Larry Munson on the radio. He was a legend in my book. After one of the games I bought this record album and still have it. We probably only listened to it twice and it doesn’t have a scratch on it. I just went through some stuff we had packed away to find it.

A53A678D-5C9D-45B4-81F9-E0457E9263B2.jpegC520A7BA-693D-40D9-8DFA-79E906C8FD43.jpeg

Silver Britches

Dad and I would deer hunt Saturday morning, come out and ride around listening to the tailgate show on the radio, waiting on the noon kick off. Most all games were noon games back then. We usually had us a packed lunch and cooler full of ice cold drinks. We’d find us a shady spot to park, sit there eating, and listening to the game. By the time the game was over, it would be time to go back into the woods. I’ve also been known to carry a small radio in the woods with me. :bounce: Man, great memories.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I probably saw you working there, when I came in with my Grandmother, but being younger than you I was probably to scared to flirt :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops::oops:

MudDucker

Staff member
Few of my favorites from Larry:

Look at the SUGAR falling from the sky!

Just driving and running over people with those big thighs, my God a freshman!

Run Lindsay, 15, 10 5 TOUCHDOWN!

The girders are bending!