Muscadines question

duckbill

I was up at our lease this past weekend and found that a bunch of our muscadines are ripened already. A bunch were on the ground. Half of them on the trees were red the other half green.
Isn't it too early for them to be that ripe?

Randy

Not wiht all the rain we have had. The seem to ripen quicker in wet weather.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The ones that are still in the trees in Carroll County aren't close to be ripe. A ton of green ones got knocked out of the trees with the bad winds from last week.

ryanwhit

They may be summer grapes. They ripen before muscadines do. Vitus aestivalis.

Then again, they may be muscadines that are already ripe :huh:

GA DAWG

I'd say its to early.The ones I have checked out are small not even close to being ready.Around here the only thing ripe is wild cherries and black berries.

dixie

Vines

Ours are still green too, I was up Sat and looked at some vines. We have a boatload of blackberries that are ripe. I've got to go up today and do a few things, if the weather is ok, I want to take a look at some oak trees and see if the acorns are doing anything yet.

Arrow Flinger

Ours are not ripe yet but I think they will ripen and be gone before opening day. Like Randy said, they seem to ripen quicker on wet years. Last year they were gone by opening day.

gapacman

dixie said:
Ours are still green too, I was up Sat and looked at some vines. We have a boatload of blackberries that are ripe. I've got to go up today and do a few things, if the weather is ok, I want to take a look at some oak trees and see if the acorns are doing anything yet.
Glad to see a post dixie always like to hear what you have to say got the map's ready. Be getting with you soon let me know about the acorns thanks Rick

H

HT2

Muscadines........

I sure hope they hit just right around Sept. 10th..........

Cause if'n they do........

I know where I'll be on opening morning.........