Mushroom Time

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Amanita muscaria might end up changing your life too.

Although it’s much less likely than a psilocybe.
Muscarias are a bad trip, not a good trip like the Psilocybe. The North American strains of muscaria are different from the Eurpean strains, too, and are much more likely to send you permanently to the spirit world instead of temporarily.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
This season I've found many chant flushes in areas with more pines than hardwoods. Traditionally best found in hardwoods around here, I've learned to look among the pines. I find most of my areas low speed rubber-necking on dirt roads after heavy rains with most found within 10 yards of my truck. Gil

Sautee Ridgerunner

Muscarias are a bad trip, not a good trip like the Psilocybe. The North American strains of muscaria are different from the Eurpean strains, too, and are much more likely to send you permanently to the spirit world instead of temporarily.

Not a cliff Ive ever wanted to jump off of.

I didnt know there was a difference between the continents though. Interesting.

crackerdave

Cindy has a chanterelle patch under our huge red oak that is awesome!

I love an omelet with those tasty morsels sauteed in them!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not a cliff Ive ever wanted to jump off of.

I didnt know there was a difference between the continents though. Interesting.
What we have here that we call Amanita muscaria is likely a totally different species or at least strain from the European material. They are doing a lot of DNA research now, and are reclassifying mushrooms and plants right and left.

turkeykirk

If y’all read where I died from eating mushrooms call my local Sheriff to report my wife.:biggrin2::rofl:

https://allthatsinteresting.com/katrina-fouts

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Still none to speak of in Fannin.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Found a patch that's yielded a few pounds of chants so far down the hill from the house.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You know who Paul Stametts is?
Yep. Pretty fascinating guy. Tradd Cotter is a wealth of fungal knowledge, too. Amazing guy to go take a walk in the woods with, for sure. You'll learn a lot.