Muzzleloader Kills, 2016

Thread starter #1

pse hunter

Lets see your kills for 2016...

Deer, Bear, Hog, Small Game, Varmints, Turkey or any other game taken with a smoke pole of any type.

have a great year and lets smoke the woods up..

deast1988

Opening evening TC omega 100grs of 777 250gr Hornady SST
90yd shot the 9th deer I saw this eve.

leoparddog

Got a buck on opening morning. Not a big buck, but its meat in the freezer.
70 yards
100gr Pyrodex
265gr Lead conical in a sabot
#11 cap

Attachments

Thread starter #5

pse hunter

Not what I was looking for, but a good yote is a dead one
50cal CVA Optima 100gr of BH209 and a 300gr hornady XTP

Attachments

rosewood

1st kill with CVA Wolf

Drt at 40 yards. Hornady 250 grain SST over 2 777 pellets.

Attachments

My 1st ever ML kill. 190 lb 7 point!! Only shot was at chest front. PRB went high hit him in mid neck. He was DRT!!! I got lucky. Cant seem to post a ph pic for some reason. My thanks to SASS249, and all you fellas who helped me w my Hawken!!!!

Last edited:

rosewood

Drt at 40 yards. Hornady 250 grain SST over 2 777 pellets.
Deboned the meat last night. Found the red SST tip, fell out while I was cutting up the back strap. Took me a few seconds to realize what it was and how it got in my meat.

Rosewood

pdsniper

I hate hunting with Glasses, they are either fogging up or getting in the way so to make sure I make an ethical shot I use the red dot don't want to wound a deer if I can help it and I just don't care to use a modern muzzle loader with a scope not that there is anything wrong with it just prefer the traditional, theirs a lot more challenge with them

futbolwest

Saturday , November 5, Oconee Co.

Shot him at 6:35 pm and didn't find him until 8:30 due to no blood trail. CVA Apex, Vortex 3 x9x40, 100 grains of Pyrodex, 250 grain Hornady SST, and a Win heater 209 primer.

Attachments

My muzzleloader has been loaded since ML season started. I swore I would not unload it or shoot any other weapon until I got a deer with it.
Thank Goodness a nice doe came by around 5:00 pm. I had seen five does from the same stand this morning but so many leaves on trees I could not get a shot.
This one was just the other side of a small food strip. Soon as I saw her I put the scope on her and when she slightly quartered away from me I shot. Bullet hit high on right shoulder and came out where you see on the other side. She ran across a creek and crashed, maybe 30 yards.

Attachments

Killed this little eight point couple of afternoons ago in central NC. Good sized body, he'll make a pile of meat.

Old CVA Hawken that my late dad gave me many, many years ago. 90 grains FFg, 350 grain solid lead maxi ball. Hit the ground like a sack of taters.

Attachments

fishdog

I'm proud to see so many are still using traditional muzzleloaders