Muzzleloaders

PWalls

Randy said:
I was not necessarily talking about the traditional weapon debate but the fact that you started hunting with it for "just another week of rifle season." I assume this means you would not hae bought one if that week had stayed in the rifle season. You would have just waited on the rifle season.

I doubt very few people would have bought one had they not broken out the week long season.

At the heart of the primitive weapon season (archery and muzzleloader) is a desire to be hunting earlier than other people. I am sure there are hardcore guys that doesn't fit this, but I imagine the majority does.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Have a CVA flintlock, considered buying a CVA Kodiak inline but to me its just not a traditional muzzleloader either. When scopes start getting mounted on the inlines they will be just another version of a centerfire rifle too. Just my 2 cents worth.

PWalls

SouthPaw Draw said:
Have a CVA flintlock, considered buying a CVA Kodiak inline but to me its just not a traditional muzzleloader either. When scopes start getting mounted on the inlines they will be just another version of a centerfire rifle too. Just my 2 cents worth.

Agree.

However, if they allow scopes and continue to give a week earlier season, I will mount one and use it.

MoeBirds

The season up here is too short (IMO) to even buy one!!!

I just stay out with my bow an extra week!!...that is if I aint workin during it?!

Randy

PWalls said:
I doubt very few people would have bought one had they not broken out the week long season.

At the heart of the primitive weapon season (archery and muzzleloader) is a desire to be hunting earlier than other people. I am sure there are hardcore guys that doesn't fit this, but I imagine the majority does.

Nope that is what I have been trying to say about all this crossbow/in-line stuff. At the heart of these seasons were persons wanting to have a special season where they could practice the special skills required by these weapons. It was never requested to get in the woods sooner or longer. That was a great by-product but that was not the "HEART" of the reason for the season. Now with the acceptance of crossbows and in-lines, the "HEART" of the reason for the season has been lost.

H

HT2

Greg........

Greg Lewis said:
The season up here is too short (IMO) to even buy one!!!

I just stay out with my bow an extra week!!...that is if I aint workin during it?!

Solution.........

Buy you an T/C Encore and all you have to do is interchange the barrels from Muzzleloader to Rifle.......

Simple fix!!!!!!

weagle

The season is indeed short, but I usually get in at least 3 or 4 hunts. Since it is still daylight saving time, I have time to hunt after work. You can buy a servicable ML and all the other stuff you need for about $150 so it's not very expensive to get started. I have shot at least 1 deer each year and passed up many more during that extra week so it's well worth it to me.

Weagle

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Well, I've got one now and I plan on hunting with it more after muzzeloader season. I hunt with my bow during rifle season some as well. Just because modern firearms kicks in, doesn't mean I have to use my 06 all the time.

Tommy

captainhook

Never shot traditional. My encore is deadly to two hundred yards! Ha Ha Ha, couldn't miss the chance for a Greg Ritz impersonation! I also consider the encore to be far from a muzzleloader. It's basically a rifle that's slower to load. I do love shooting it and I can hit a pie plate at two hundred yds with regularity. I wouldn't shoot at a deer over 100 or so though. I take it sometimes in rifle season just for something different.

Burl E.

I have 3 smokepoles 1) a old cheep Bobcat .50 2) inline Knight .50 3) the one I will be hunting with a reproduction 1847 Springfield smooth bore .69 cal with 90 gr. of ff black powder and a patched round ball. I am not sure what it will do to Bambi but it will send a 12" concrete cut off saw blade "rolling and tumbling" at 125 yards!

deerhunter401

i shoot an inline knight