My 87 year old dad ...... scores again

HughW2

Howard,

Please ask your Dad what some of his secrets are?! I can only hope I am able to be alive at that age much less be hunting..successfully!?. I guess he is incredible shape for his age. Glad to see he still has the drive and desire too.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Howard,

Please ask your Dad what some of his secrets are?! I can only hope I am able to be alive at that age much less be hunting..successfully!?. I guess he is incredible shape for his age. Glad to see he still has the drive and desire too.

Good genes (his mother and dad lived to be 95 and 97. My mothers parents lived to 95 and 104).
Low stress career - Educator
Works 8-10 hours a day around house and farm with my mom.
Eats a simple healthy diet (no caffeine)
Has never used alcohol or tobacco.
Lives his life by the Golden Rule and 10 commandments.
Saves money every month for a rainy day.

I believe I am the most fortunate son in the world.

27metalman

Good deal. Just beating Covid would have been enough for this year. Hopefully he'll continue as long as he wants to. Makes my 77 yr old dad look like a whipper snapper. LOL. I'm sure you and I could trade some stories.

Meriwether Mike

My congrats to your dad on his buck. We met years ago while camping at Moccasin Creek Sate Park. Tell him Mike said congrats!

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
My congrats to your dad on his buck. We met years ago while camping at Moccasin Creek Sate Park. Tell him Mike said congrats!

We have camped there every year for the past 31 years.