My burden is light.

crackerdave

Divide and conquer....
I believe that satan has convinced us we need denominations,but nowhere in the Bible do I find any basis for the Church to divide ourselves this way.We should be united in Jesus and get along with fellow believers.What a force we would be if we could all work together and spread the gospel!

Do you know the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist?
A Methodist will wave at you in the liquor store.A Baptist will act like he didn't see you.?

Last edited:

Madman

Divide and conquer....
I believe that satan has convinced us we need denominations,but nowhere in the Bible do I find any basis for the Church to divide ourselves this way.We should be united in Jesus and get along with fellow believers.What a force we would be if we could all work together and spread the gospel!

Do you know the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist?
A Methodist will wave at you in the liquor store.A Baptist will act like he didn't see you.?
I can see some of that. We agree about dividing Christs Church and the Great Schism in 1054 did it between the east and the west and then it happened again with the Protestant reformation. And of course the English reformation brought in a list of other stuff.

Read about the division of Israel and Juda, it did not end well.

Last edited:

gordon 2

On the other hand what would Christianity, what would the nations of the west look like if the frail and meek men and woman of the Church had cleaved to "sameness" or " one orthodoxy" used of fools or the in the spirit of the sinners we all are?

What would have happened to the nations if men and women were forced to live in forced ecclesial marriage with ox headed husbands and overseers that outlasted fathers and mothers, sons and daughters and their grand children even?

If convent and monastic (Catholic Spain) had colonized North America with their roman organization of the church and state vs the British covenanters with their mistrusts of both the greater church and state and yet bound to the Great Commission--- would the murder rates be any different in North America today?

Would human life be valued the same or differently today? We call to the happy medium Christ as our common link to security, but we remain with spiritual mistrust and fear of each other as if Christ was insufficient to blot out the history of sin common and known by all of us within our ranks. We are the misfits of misfit as well as the saints of the saint.

We arm ourselves spiritually-mentally- inwardly against ourselves, against one and another, so that to the world we become other worldly-- hyper-worldly, hypocritical so much so that from us we birth the secular and similar reformers, the New Age Sects, the atheists are our children and those who despair for our hypocrisies and see as futile the declarations of our doctrines as a white wash paint that lasts a season and then needs a new revival a cycle to wash the soiled, only to repeat it self again and again as we rub elbows in the worlds as if the misfits of the Lord. We love our neighbors but not as far as being denied our right to shoot them-- such is the mind of faith--ours.

Last edited:

Madman

On the other hand what would Christianity, what would the nations of the west look like if the frail and meek men and woman of the Church had cleaved to "sameness" or " one orthodoxy" used of fools or the in the spirit of the sinners we all are?

What would have happened to the nations if men and women were forced to live in forced ecclesial marriage with ox headed husbands and overseers that outlasted fathers and mothers, sons and daughters and their grand children even?

If convent and monastic (Catholic Spain) had colonized North America with their roman organization of the church and state vs the British covenanters with their mistrusts of both the greater church and state and yet bound to the Great Commission--- would the murder rates be any different in North America today?

Would human life be valued the same or differently today? We call to the happy medium Christ as our common link to security, but we remain with spiritual mistrust and fear of each other as if Christ was insufficient to blot out the history of sin common and known by all of us within our ranks. We are the misfits of misfit as well as the saints of the saint.

We arm ourselves spiritually-mentally- inwardly against ourselves, against one and another, so that to the world we become other worldly-- hyper-worldly, hypocritical so much so that from us we birth the secular and similar reformers, the New Age Sects, the atheists are our children and those who despair for our hypocrisies and see as futile the declarations of our doctrines as a white wash paint that lasts a season and then needs a new revival a cycle to wash the soiled, only to repeat it self again and again as we rub elbows in the worlds as if the misfits of the Lord. We love our neighbors but not as far as being denied our right to shoot them-- such is the mind of faith--ours.
We have no way of knowing. I do know that Christ prayed for us all to be of one mind. That is good enough for me.

gordon 2

We have no way of knowing. I do know that Christ prayed for us all to be of one mind. That is good enough for me.

Well I think we can be of one mind as to not questioning someone's faith as if it was antagonist to faith itself-- the one we know to be as Abraham's or the one we live with due our place in Christ. But obviously we are not or cannot be of one mind as to doctrine. Take Peter and Paul for example they had to play off one the other concerning their understandings... but faith wise... they were on the same yoke....

The reformers and the orthodox might be like Pet and Paul only they decided to stop talking their differences, and acting on taking their own balls, bats, mits and all and make their own fields and their own teams, leagues and call it just another day in the life of the saints.

Never the less I would think that the differences are so far gone that it is almost impossible to regroup as one Ecclesia. I take it that most groups have now their "devotion" to some thing than amplifies for them something they need or can use to make life with God serious for them.

Last edited:

Madman

Well I think we can be of one mind as to not questioning someone's faith as if it was antagonist to faith itself-- the one we know to be as Abraham's or the one we live with due our place in Christ. But obviously we are not or cannot be of one mind as to doctrine. Take Peter and Paul for example they had to play off one the other concerning their understandings... but faith wise... they were on the same yoke....

The reformers and the orthodox might be like Pet and Paul only they decided to stop talking their differences, and acting on taking their own balls, bats, mits and all and make their own fields and their own teams, leagues and call it just another day in the life of the saints.

Never the less I would think that the differences are so far gone that it is almost impossible to regroup as one Ecclesia. I take it that most groups have now their "devotion" to some thing than amplifies for them something they need or can use to make life with God serious for them.
I believe Peter and Paul were still of one mind concerning the faith, however each was sent to a different group for a different purpose.

The Orthodox denominations are beginning to recognize each other’s ordinations and practices. The Anglicans are in communion with several of the Orthodox, Rome is beginning to recognize other Catholic denominations, even the Coptic Church has began working back in.

But many of these disagreements had little substance, it was over leaven bread vs. unleavened bread, or misunderstandings due to language, I am not sure any disagreements were over true doctrine.

However the Protestant schism fractured the body of Christ on several doctrinal levels.

That is something that may never be mended.

gordon 2

I believe Peter and Paul were still of one mind concerning the faith, however each was sent to a different group for a different purpose.

The Orthodox denominations are beginning to recognize each other’s ordinations and practices. The Anglicans are in communion with several of the Orthodox, Rome is beginning to recognize other Catholic denominations, even the Coptic Church has began working back in.

But many of these disagreements had little substance, it was over leaven bread vs. unleavened bread, or misunderstandings due to language, I am not sure any disagreements were over true doctrine.

However the Protestant schism fractured the body of Christ on several doctrinal levels.

That is something that may never be mended.

Maybe God knows somethings we don't. <<< Honest understatement. LOL.) I read this verse this monring as if to contradict myself from a previous post and so give my soul to pause before my babbles:

In Isaiah 52 7 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.

Perhaps this is meant for a time yet to come.

Also, I agree with your assessments regard the disagreements with the orthodox and Catholics... and this it has been said before. It just takes a long time to fix, even simple things. Like wars they are easy to start but not so easy to quit, disagreements within the faith of Abraham seem to take centuries on centuries to repair simple gaffs. We can only will to see the will of God in all of this...to see beauty in all things wholesome and love in the kisses of all the saints.

Perhaps there is still something to this in our "dispensation". LOL :) :

"Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?"

Last edited:

Madman

Maybe God knows somethings we don't. <<< Honest understatement. LOL.) I read this verse this monring as if to contradict myself from a previous post and so give my soul to pause before my babbles:

In Isaiah 52 7 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.

Perhaps this is meant for a time yet to come.

Also, I agree with your assessments regard the disagreements with the orthodox and Catholics... and this it has been said before. It just takes a long time to fix, even simple things. Like wars they are easy to start but not so easy to quit, disagreements within the faith of Abraham seem to take centuries on centuries to repair simple gaffs. We can only will to see the will of God in all of this...to see beauty in all things wholesome and love in the kisses of all the saints.

Perhaps there is still something to this in our "dispensation". LOL :) :

"Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?"
This is one thing I know for sure;

1 Tim. 2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.