My chicken coop surprise

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Went to get eggs today and feed my chickens and found this surprise , found one several times but never 3 , needless to say didn’t have any eggs ! They were just hanging out like they were waiting on a hen to lay a egg !5094F818-F20E-4805-890F-EF3439AF3587.jpeg96B18B03-CF68-473F-BFD4-BE752A1708EE.jpeg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Get used to it, Ant. I`ve been taking the varmints back to the field for years now. From 3 feet to 6 feet long. Last big one had 3 eggs in it when I caught it.

longbowdave1

I'm glad we don't have the snakes here! Maybe a 6" grass snake now and then. Cool pictures.

antharper

Staff member
What type of snakes were they?
I’ve always called them oak snakes , rat snakes , chicken snake , they are harmless and pretty easy to handle , I just grabbed these one at a time and drug them out , and yes Nic I’m already use to them , I’ve had chickens here about 10 years, I had one once that had 6 eggs in it , couldn’t even crawl ! I just deal with them , they were here before me !

wvdawg

Staff member
Hope you get a few more eggs before they return. Don't remember ever seeing more than one at a time in the hen house!

antharper

Staff member
Hope you get a few more eggs before they return. Don't remember ever seeing more than one at a time in the hen house!
Me either , I’ve relocated a few , now I just drag them out

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Lord we get them too, one little one tried to escape through the chicken run. Chickens whooped up on him pretty good.