My Dad

Cmp1

BANNED
My Dad passed away at 74 from ALS,,,,will never forget the times together at the gun range, gun shows, times I got to fly with him in the cockpit on his trips,on and on,,,,
As I sit here thinking of him, I can see him sipping his JD thru two straws we put together,sitting in his favorite chair, laughing,talking, with the glass on the table next to him,,,,with his outstretched arms beside him (he had lost all use of his arms),,,,

brdyhll

Thank you for sharing. The first picture was three years ago on valentines and the second picture is one of my favorites of him. I miss mine everyday too glad to hear you memories of your dad. They remind me to think about mine also

Attachments

• 7D1DC65D-61D1-4176-A724-E1033795A52A.jpeg
    7D1DC65D-61D1-4176-A724-E1033795A52A.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 62F1EAD9-D1BC-4FC7-A6A9-D294ED53273F.jpeg
    62F1EAD9-D1BC-4FC7-A6A9-D294ED53273F.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 41

rmac41

This is one of the best post I have ever read on here, thank you .
I tried for the last few years to take my dad fishing one more time, he’s 81
Just never feels like it.

warronl

Don't stop trying Sir. My Dad unbeknownst to me was suffering from Prostate Cancer. I knew he was sick, but had no idea how sick. Out of the blue one day he said " Let's go fishing today" we fished for a couple of hours in May of '13, and it was our last trip.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Keep trying! We lost my Dad to diabetes in 2002, three weeks shy of his 71st birthday. June of that year we got him to make one more trip up to Watts Bar. It was worth it, believe me.

Dad June 2002 Watts Bar.jpg

James12

Great post. Sounds like he raised a heckuva son!

Lost my dad at 11, in the line of duty as a State Patrol officer, he was murdered. Spent many years in anger (and pity) but now by the Grace of God and that only, I now am so thankful for the time I did have and the ability to witness and help others.

It’s post like yours that speak to what an imprint a fathers Love can leave on our children. Thank you sir.

Snichols1

From a Dad’s perspective. My son is now 44. He fished with me at any hour, any day, any weather from the time he was just a wee bit. Due to work 20 years ago I moved from Virginia to many other locations and had to leave those days behind. When I moved to Georgia a year and half ago I was fortunate to buy my dream boat. I let my son have my previous boat. He is now spending every available minute with his son fishing the same waters that he and I fished From the time he was a very young one. Nothing makes a Dad and Grandad more proud than to see this. I am leaving Wednesday for a visit home and will fish with them on my old boat. All I can say is thank God for great sons and Grandsons!

warronl

You guys have truly brightened up the Birthday Blahs I usually have on My Dad's Birthday. @BDD I LOVE the pic. I love the posts of Dads in Heaven, and the appreciation of Dads on Earth. I knew you guys would understand. If the tears don't fall, am I still crying? :)