My favorite snake

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Found him under my propane tank lid. He was resting in a bird nest some birds had built under it. It was empty so I guess he had been using it as a buffet. A corn snake has the prettiest color pattern of any I can think of. They are also great climbers. Had one last year go right up a 40 foot pine like a squirrel. Pretty rare around here. I hadn’t seen one in 30 years and now 2 in the last two years. Maybe they are making a comeback.

Attachments

• C50C88F6-6AFF-4E01-B277-7B34646FAABB.jpeg
    C50C88F6-6AFF-4E01-B277-7B34646FAABB.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 180

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Beautiful snake,I've lived on this place for 46 years,have only seen one.

Redbow

Last year I walked out into my back yard and there on the deck was a Corn Snake, and he was a full grown one. The Dog decided not to mess with him. He crawled on off and hid from us.. We had a smaller one but someone ran over that one in the road...One of my neighbors called to me one day when he came across the smaller Corn Snake. Look, look a moccasin...I said no, just a harmless Corn Snake let it be..

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Had one crawl up a beam on my front porch and eat a nest of baby birds.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They are beautiful snakes. And in over half a century stomping around in the woods and fields, I've yet to see a wild one-one of the few southeastern species that I've never seen.

Jeff Raines

Dozens of needle sharp teeth in that mouth,and will draw blood.

wvdawg

Staff member
Some pretty colors there!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Got a few around here and they are making a comeback. They are a pretty snake.

snooker1

Got one that shows up around my chicken coop every week. Chicken's get very talkative when he shows up.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Ive never seen a live one in the wild.

Seen several different ones run over around lake Russell WMA. They were all silver / grey color phase. real pretty

Heartstarter

Found one in my little shop. He can live there long as he wants.

Attachments

• 9A13CC86-EA0E-44ED-ABFF-D77CF7F14423.jpeg
    9A13CC86-EA0E-44ED-ABFF-D77CF7F14423.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 34