My first deer

Otisman

Great job! I pretty much started out clueless years ago before internet. Learn a lot from watching deer reading on this site. Looks like what your doing works!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yes, sir! Congrats to you! You’ll never forget your first deer. And you have some mighty fine eating right there.

Have you thought about keeping a deer journal? They can be very helpful in looking back through at the details of your hunts. I’ve been keeping one for many years, and I‘ll look back through them from time to time to read about past hunts. I enjoy reading about those hunts from years ago.

I wish you continued success. Have fun out there.

:cheers:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great buck and even better adventure, congrats ! I bet the next one will come a lot sooner , may not be easy but sooner !

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Three years ago I started hunting. After trying to get someone to teach me and not having any luck I decided that I would teach myself. After dealing with some races people on public land and having some close in counters, I finally got it done. Not only did I get it done but I did it with a bow at 30 yards from the ground. This is one of the best feelings in the world. I even did a pretty good job at field dressing it. Now I am looking forward to enjoying a meal with my friends and family with the deer meat that I will be providing them. I just wanted to share my story with you guys. Good luck out there.
You my vote for post of the year!
I’m very, very happy for you! Huge congratulations also!
You can always PM me with questions!

Sanderson

Yes, sir! Congrats to you! You’ll never forget your first deer. And you have some mighty fine eating right there.

Have you thought about keeping a deer journal? They can be very helpful in looking back through at the details of your hunts. I’ve been keeping one for many years, and I‘ll look back through them from time to time to read about past hunts. I enjoy reading about those hunts from years ago.

I wish you continued success. Have fun out there.

:cheers:
I did not think of that. Sounds like something good to pass down to the kids