My First Hog Hunt

AnkleLocker

Went on my first ever Hog Hunt with my brother who came down from Pennsylvania to hunt them with me. Was fortunate enough to harvest these two Boars. Was a ton of fun and I’m looking forward to doing it again in the future.

I most proud of the black Boar due to the shot. He was about 150 yards away from me and he was facing away from me at night. All I could see was his butt and a little bit of his head/side. Dropped him where he stood.
44E84FCE-59AE-47C2-89F2-61B4B85236CD.jpegC3E00CEC-CD6A-44AA-9701-3EEC16A53D6C.jpeg

georgia_home

congrats! you'll be hooked.

the next fun thing is getting into the middle of a group and multiple shots! best to have an SA for that, but it can work with a bolt if your fast. ;)

jbogg

Savage Model 16 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Dusted the Hogs! The daytime Hog pic looks like you can see the exit hole but that is actually the entrance wound.

I just purchased the Savage Lightweight Hunter in .308 a few months ago. Really wanted it in the 6.5 Creedmoor, but couldn’t find it anywhere and decided the .308 was fine for my needs here in the mountains. The LWH was discontinued but you can still find a new one on some of the online stores. Just curious if yours has the accutrigger? I had a couple of misfires on this rifles maiden voyage on a hog hunt in the mountains three weeks ago. I have since read that it may have been the result of operator Error since I was unfamiliar with the accutrigger and may not have pulled the trigger blade back perfectly straight.

AnkleLocker

I just purchased the Savage Lightweight Hunter in .308 a few months ago. Really wanted it in the 6.5 Creedmoor, but couldn’t find it anywhere and decided the .308 was fine for my needs here in the mountains. The LWH was discontinued but you can still find a new one on some of the online stores. Just curious if yours has the accutrigger? I had a couple of misfires on this rifles maiden voyage on a hog hunt in the mountains three weeks ago. I have since read that it may have been the result of operator Error since I was unfamiliar with the accutrigger and may not have pulled the trigger blade back perfectly straight.

Mine has the accutrigger and accustock in the KUIU camo pattern. I haven’t had any issues with misfires. That 308 should definitely get it done!