My first raised bed garden (update)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had heard you should not use treated lumber due to chemicals leeching into the soil. After doing some searches on internet it seems the new way lumber is treated is safe for raised beds. Sounds like your bed is ok.

Are those corners 4x4’s? Did you drive anything into ground for support or all on the top of the ground? I did a tradional garden this year but like the idea of raised beds.

Did a little research on that, and all the test they have done comparing the treated lumber v untreated the, the difference in the amount of chemicals in the roots of the pants was negligble. I was worried about it two, but from everything I can find, it appears not to be a problem.

I did not drive anything in the ground the whole thing is sitting on top of the ground. Thought about it, and may regret later. Thanks for the reply.

turkeykirk

That looks great!!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seems to be coming along nicely. Fixing to pick some Squash. Still dont replace the real thing, but it is better than nothing.

Lindseys Grandpa

Tomatoes, squash, egg plant, hot peppers, sweet peppers, okra and the wife had to the nerve to put some Basil in it. I dont even not how to cook Basil.
They say the smell of basil repels a lot of the bugs that can do harm to your garden. I got a bunch planted around my raised beds jsut in case.