My first Ruger 10/22

Big7

The Oracle
I have 2 of that same carine and one bull barrel.
You have a classic. Excellent rifle.

Dr. Strangelove

Nice! Everyone should have one, great to teach newbies on or just "plink" around. Should you have the desire, it's kind of like the Jeep of the gun world, there's a billion aftermarket parts available.

SC Hunter

We've got a few here and love them! A Ruger 10-22 is something every gun enthusiast should own. Nice buy!

rosewood

I have owned all kinds of rifles and handguns. I don't know why but I have never had a Ruger 10/22 so this past weekend I bought my first.
Ruger now makes 25 round factory mags for it. I would grab a couple in lieu of the aftermarket ones. Good price also.

Rosewood

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I still remember my first Ram Line 25 round mag, and the folding stock, and Federal 550rd Blue Boxes for $4.96 at Walmart, when the USA MADE signs were everywhere, and Sam W. was petting Old Roy...

Kinda gets ya right here, don't it???

GeorgiaGlockMan

I still remember my first Ram Line 25 round mag, and the folding stock, and Federal 550rd Blue Boxes for $4.96 at Walmart, when the USA MADE signs were everywhere, and Sam W. was petting Old Roy...

Kinda gets ya right here, don't it???
Lol.

I went through that phase too. Mine still wears the folding stock.

Nimrod71

I like them so good I have 3 of them. One is my boat gun and it has really been put though the ringer. It spend 2 weeks under water at one time, I forgot to take it out of the and I forgot to take the plug out of the boat, we had several heavy rains over the two weeks. After a good drying out and a little oil it was working fine. That was over 10 years ago and I just shot an ell with it Saturday.

10-22's are the Remington Nylon 66's of today. The only thing that I know of that would improve a 10-22 is a better trigger.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've read that the new ones have much better triggers than the old ones...

I had a 10-22 with $1000 of '90s money tied up in it. Used to RELIABLY hit 9mm and .45 brass at 100 yards with it. Kinda stupid, but also used to set off 12 guage shells with it....

rosewood

I just bought my first a couple of months back. Factory trigger was 5.5 lbs. I ordered the $40 Volquartsen hammer/trigger improvement kit. Dropped it to 2.5 lbs. Shoots much better now.

Rosewood

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Rosewood,

Is it a simple install to replace the trigger?

tcward

Got my first as a Christmas gift in 1970 from Gibsons in Gainesville Ga. Still a great shooting little rifle!

rosewood

Rosewood,

Is it a simple install to replace the trigger?
Yes, several youtube videos on the subject. Not hard at all and really no gunsmith work, mostly drop in.

Rosewood