My first Ruger 10/22

Dub

Here’s mine. However my S&W 15-22 has been my favorite here lately. I think maybe it’s the 1-4x20 low power scope. It makes it a blast to shoot.

I'm starting to think that low powered variable optics may be the best invention since sliced bread.

So useful....especially, for centerfires, if it has daytime bright illuminated circle-dot and true 1x at the bottom. Add in a tree for drop/wind and it's all good. (y)

lonewolf247

I'm starting to think that low powered variable optics may be the best invention since sliced bread.

So useful....especially, for centerfires, if it has daytime bright illuminated circle-dot and true 1x at the bottom. Add in a tree for drop/wind and it's all good. (y)
I think your right Dub! I've always been a fan of upper magnification, for longer range hunting/shooting, but I wish I would have had a 1-4x scope all those years, I hunted with deer dogs, holding a stand in the woods, swamps, and bottoms.

chuckdog

I for years preached against anything that requires batteries. I encouraged the use of lower magnification scopes.

I still prefer scopes to red dot sights, but with the improvements in battery life and reliability along with the price of red dots coming down, I'm not dead set against the red dot or other powered sight/optic as I once was.

What once appeared to be a trend of decent quality lower magnification traditional scopes/brands being available at very good prices has ebbed it seems.

I waffle back and forth as to what I use. That's part of the beauty of Weaver/Picatinny cross slot bases. They're not only reliable, but allow quick optics changes while for the most part maintaining zero.

Nimrod71

Marlin 60's are good rifles too. I have one of them too and I have enjoyed shooting targets, rabbits, rain crows and squirrels with it.

I to am a believer in low powered scopes. My first experience with them was a Weaver 3 power post scope a friend had on a 742 in 243. I saw him hit running deer many times, I was amazed. The rifles I hunt with all have 3 to 9's on them and I hunt with them on 3 - 4 power depending on where I'm hunting. In the woods they are on 3 power, if hunting and open field they are on 4 power. I am thinking of changing my Howa 308 to a 1 - 4 because where I hunt I really don't need a scope, shots are within 25 yds. As for the open fields, I have killed deer at 400 yds. with my 7 mm Mag. on 4 power.

I use to like hunting wide open areas and fields, but now days I like it up close and personal. I think it gives the deer a better chance and makes me a better hunter. I hunt the deer on its own, no planted food plots or baiting areas, just natural woods. Makes me feel like I have really done something.

The think I like the most about the 10-22 other than size is its magazine. It is easy to load and you can carry a couple of extras in your pocket. The regular 10 shot fits flush with the stock of the rifle which makes it easy on the hand to carry.

Nimrod71

A boy or a man needs a good pocket knife. The first thing I put in my pants pockets every morning is my pocket knife. My wife makes fun of me and my pocket knife. She has told her friends that I think more of that pocket knife than I do here. She is quick to tell them I don't mind her getting out of my sight, but I never let my knife get out of my sight. I think she is jealous.

rosewood

funny...I have 2 of those in my pocket right now and a 3rd on my desk and a good collection
just no 10/22s
No marlin 60 either?

rosewood

Tentwing

The Stevens 87 ( aka the click/clack or Gillgun ) lovem . Still a bunch of them around and functioning well. Mine is a little finicky. It likes round nosed lead ammo ( no copper washed or squared off target bullets) . It also needs to be cleaned more off than my Marlin model 60’s . They sold well . I have often wondered why they were discontinued by Savage ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
I rescued mine...or stole it fair and square...which ever you prefer....was someone's truck gun and well covered in surface rust. I cleaned it, re-blued it myself, then refinished the stock. Wish I had polished it out more. It is very finicky. The mag tube needs some work and I think the spring is shot. Pretty accurate for squirrel and cans too.

Tentwing

I rescued mine...or stole it fair and square...which ever you prefer....was someone's truck gun and well covered in surface rust. I cleaned it, re-blued it myself, then refinished the stock. Wish I had polished it out more. It is very finicky. The mag tube needs some work and I think the spring is shot. Pretty accurate for squirrel and cans too.

Numrich and Gunbroker are both pretty good places to find parts ? …… though Numrich has less stuff ever since the panic buying started up again ? ……

killerv

the 10/22 magazine is the gold standard of all rimfire magazines.

I picked up one of the new winchester wildcat sr, lot of rifle for 250 bucks. Can drop the whole trigger/action out with the push of a button which also allows rear receiver access to clean the barrel if need be. Takes 10/22 mags and best of all threaded. Trigger needs work though.

rosewood

the 10/22 magazine is the gold standard of all rimfire magazines.

I picked up one of the new winchester wildcat sr, lot of rifle for 250 bucks. Can drop the whole trigger/action out with the push of a button which also allows rear receiver access to clean the barrel if need be. Takes 10/22 mags and best of all threaded. Trigger needs work though.
And now Ruger makes their own 25 round mags, no need to buy aftermarket for them anymore.

Rosewood

Nimrod71

The 10-22 magazine, to me, is the best part of the rifle. They are easy to load and carry and the 25 rd. mag. is great if you need more than 10 shots to hit the target.