My first Ruger 10/22

Jester896

Senior Clown
just for an FYI... I was in Adel today and stopped in a place. There was 1 heavy barrel 10/22 in the $700+ range with a syn stock and the rest were carbines. If I spend $700+ it will have a KIDD barrel in it :D
but y'all got me looking

rosewood

just for an FYI... I was in Adel today and stopped in a place. There was 1 heavy barrel 10/22 in the $700+ range with a syn stock and the rest were carbines. If I spend $700+ it will have a KIDD barrel in it :D
but y'all got me looking
I bet I know the place.

bullgator

The 10-22 magazine, to me, is the best part of the rifle. They are easy to load and carry and the 25 rd. mag. is great if you need more than 10 shots to hit the target.
The 10/22 magazines can be disassembled for cleaning if needed.

Kowtown

This Sako Forester 22-250 fallowed me home from the LGS today.
Needs a little cleaning up but I do like Sako rifles. It has a Swarovski 3x9 scope.
They have a beautiful Bergara Timber in .243.

I was going to head up there and look at that Bergara today.
Wound up stopping at a Gunshop in Thomasville where I found a used Sako 22-250 that I had to have...So much for that plan.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 12

rosewood

:oops:first time in a long time i caved to peer pressure that i can remember
I am with you. I usually go just the opposite direction of the crowd. I just picked up my first 10-22 a few months back just because you can get high cap mags for it and it was either a 15-22 or 10-22. Decided to go with the Ruger since it is slimmer and less menancing (i.e. less likely to scare the bejesus out of liberals).

Rosewood

rosewood

OH...so I am guilted in to buying one...then required to actually take it out of the box...and take pictures??? And here I though just having one would be good :D
Gotta see the pics or it didn't happen....Labels don't count.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Gotta see the pics or it didn't happen....Labels don't count.
my internet is down at home temporarily and I don't want to do it from my phone...not matter what pressure I get :D as soon as it is up I will do it ;)

Last edited:
First one I bought jammed every single shot. I sent it back to the factory and I have been shooting it for 10 years with virtually no jams. They said: "The receiver was out of tolerance". I purchased the gun from Wal-Mart. It was the only and last gun I bought from them....

cramer

Still no internet but had some time while 9mm cases are running.
Here ya go
View attachment 1094531
wood looks good to me
View attachment 1094532
View attachment 1094533
forend is checkered too
View attachment 1094534

It has the newer trigger with the over travel adjustment
View attachment 1094535

I like the gold bead front sight
View attachment 1094536
a little bit of wax and I can put it back up

She's a beauty. Now put her away and go get one you can skin up in the woods

snuffy

Thanks alot Jester! After seeing that beauty I just ordered one for pickup at Academy.

Already have two of the standard models.

snuffy

Midway USA has magazines for $11.84. I ordered 4

rosewood