My hunt camper rebuild 11 years later

Thread starter #1
Well its been exactly 11 years this month since I started to gut and rebuild the Ol girl and shes due for a refurbishing. Bought some more black jack roof coating and Im going to get my boy to clean the roof and re-coat the roof. Had a lot of good memories camping out of this camper and hope to have many more. Since I last posted pics of her I took out the bunk bed and installed a king sized bed in the back. Check out my original rebuild video at the bottom of the post and tell me what you think.
Yep. I remember your original project. You resurrected that thing from the grave no doubt. Glad to see she's still going strong and all she needs is some TLC.:rockon:
Don't trick it out too nice. Kmac will want to live in it.
Great job.... I got a project with my second cuz going on 4 yrs now. We are at the gutted out faze, new metal on the roof and replaced wheel bearings. A lot of work trying do during free time..


Staff member
Where the camp is now. My wife was going to hunt.Deer where there every evening. We camped somewhere else then.
Anyway we came up that Friday. Bow open the next day. Made a blind out of blocks and put a sheet of ply wood for a roof.
My mom & dad drove up. They said at that spot the hit 4 deer with the truck. None killed. Truck not hurt. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
They never came back. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Any camper you buy for $100 is probably not a great decision Ever again.
Been there done that.
Just decided to sell mine for $400. Doubt my luck will let me do that again.
Done with blown boats and campers at $100.
My cousin in law bought one like that a few years ago, we rebuilt the whole thing just about. Replaced all walls, subfloor and put down hardwoods. Took us about a month after work in the evenings to complete.

Anyways, he took it down to his lease, multiple people (including kids) slept in it for the first few weeks of the season. Well, one night he was asleep, alone, woke up sweating and disoriented. Couldn't get the door next to his bed open. Managed to get to the front door kicked open. About the time he exited it exploded into flames. It was not hooked up to electricity, only 12v battery for lights. The only thing we could figure is the wiring in the ceiling melted and caught fire, burnt slap to the ground. He sure had an angel looking over him that night.