My little kids want to share a room...

jdgator

So we have big house with plenty of space. Bedrooms and bathrooms to spare. But for some reason my kids (age 3 and 6) want to share a bedroom. It seems like an odd request to me.

My wife thinks they want to be in the same room because we are all so spread out. I am concerned because the little people are quite devious. I suspect ulterior motives but I cannot work out their angle.

Anybody else let / make their kids share a room?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I shared a room with my two older brothers until I was 11.

j_seph

Adopt a 13 year old female spy, then and only then will you know the truth and their motives.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
At 3 and 6 they're probably not comfortable alone yet. They should want their own space at around 9 to 11.
IMO I'd let them share for now.
Hide a baby monitor somewhere in the room if you think they're up to shenanigans.
You didn't mention if they are boy or girl. That will play in to when they separate themselves.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I've got 3 younger brothers. Me and the oldest shared a room until I moved out. The youngest 2 shared a room until he moved out. Me and the oldest are pretty close and the 2 youngest stay in touch more than me and the oldest. I wouldn't worry much at this age. It may only last a week or 2

Head East

So we have big house with plenty of space. Bedrooms and bathrooms to spare. But for some reason my kids (age 3 and 6) want to share a bedroom. It seems like an odd request to me.

My wife thinks they want to be in the same room because we are all so spread out. I am concerned because the little people are quite devious. I suspect ulterior motives but I cannot work out their angle.

Anybody else let / make their kids share a room?

If it was out of necessity, would this be a hard choice?

First house was a 768 SF, 2 bedroom ranch. We had 3 girls in one 10 x 12 room, around these ages. It was a necessity, and they did great. When we moved and got a bigger home, they got their own rooms and loved it. They did have "sleepovers" occasionally.

After the older kids moved out for college and we had plenty of bedrooms, we had 2 kids in one room, based on their desire to room together. They had their "own" rooms that they kept their clothes (closets, dressers), but stayed together in one. Twin beds in each room. As they got older, they moved/stayed into their "own" rooms with occasional "sleepovers". These two are probably the closest of all my kids.

It's great you have the rooms and it may not seem logical. They may just like the security or company. IDK. All my kids are pretty close.

Good luck!

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Three and six?
I’m lucky school occasionally separates my two daughters apart. I can’t do it.