My Monday is better than your Monday.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Yeah it's hard to figure what to do after you catch your limit and about a dozen more in 2 hour sit at the red fish hole we found in the Aucilla. We couldn't buy a trout on the 40 minute troll out there, nor on the way back. So we're off to clean fish and we'll look for some trout tomorrow in the Saint Marks…
We caught all reds on freelined shrimp off an oyster bar that was blocking the incoming tide. A couple more factors in that equation I haven't figured out quite right yet… ?
The warm, spring fed Aucilla river is known for its winter reds, but I didn't notice the temperature of the water today. It's been running about 67 or 68 in the Saint Marks system, so only a couple more degrees needed to start off the big spring fishing season…

20200207_133729_copy_756x1008.jpg

The spot contest was won by this guy…

IMG_4364.jpg

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Yeah it's hard to figure what to do after you catch your limit and about a dozen more in 2 hour sit at the red fish hole we found in the Aucilla. We couldn't buy a trout on the 40 minute troll out there, nor on the way back. So we're off to clean fish and we'll look for some trout tomorrow in the Saint Marks…
We caught all reds on freelined shrimp off an oyster bar that was blocking the incoming tide. A couple more factors in that equation I haven't figured out quite right yet… ?
The warm, spring fed Aucilla river is known for its winter reds, but I didn't notice the temperature of the water today. It's been running about 67 or 68 in the Saint Marks system, so only a couple more degrees needed to start off the big spring fishing season…

View attachment 1001894

The spot contest was won by this guy…

View attachment 1001895

Sounds similar to what we found a couple weeks ago on the St. Marks. Incoming tide breaking over oyster bars. Water temp real close.

1eyefishing

Made it home today after a long tough post-frontal Saturday...

20200208_200658.jpg

Slayer and I came home with similar stacks of fee-lays...

20200209_181205_copy_1008x756.jpg

What do I do with a wife that has hot corn bread and chili on the stove when I return from a week's fishing?
Guess I'll be keepin her. And going fishing again!

IMG_4385.jpg

1eyefishing

Pretty good info here for people who would like to fish this area. I think dudewhereismyplug does these regularly...