My New Toy!

rosewood

I’ve got the same gun in the same caliber and love it but if you look at a ballistics chart you will realize your cousins statement can’t remotely be true. If it’s dead on at 100 yds it’s 8-10” low at 200 yds.
They shoot flat for a rimfire but not compared to a centerfire.
Cant beat gravity.

rosewood

I have the BSA sweet 17 scope on mine. Calibrated for the 17 gr. You zero scope at 100, reset turret then just turn it to the range you are shooting. It isnt exact, but dang close.

Rosewood.

rosewood

it really doesn't matter what angle or how fast you send it...it falls from the time it leaves the barrel
Accelerated toward the center of the earth at 32ft/s^2 at sea level no matter what unless you add wings.

Rosewood

Jim Boyd

I have a standard barrel savage in 17.

From the bench it shoots right at an inch.

My brother has the same gun but his does shoot better. With a cheaper scope.

Mine only has about 100 rounds through it, maybe it will get better.

Maybe!!!

Great little rifles.

rosewood

I have a standard barrel savage in 17.

From the bench it shoots right at an inch.

My brother has the same gun but his does shoot better. With a cheaper scope.

Mine only has about 100 rounds through it, maybe it will get better.

Maybe!!!

Great little rifles.
Try different ammo. I find mine shoots the 17 grain CCI TNT (hollowpoints) better than any other. Even better than the ballistic tips. Of course, this is assuming you can find various ones to try out..

Rosewood

Jim Boyd

Try different ammo. I find mine shoots the 17 grain CCI TNT (hollowpoints) better than any other. Even better than the ballistic tips. Of course, this is assuming you can find various ones to try out..

Rosewood

We had 3-4 types on the table that day, I don’t recall what type tho.

I should have mentioned my brothers gun is a Bull barrel - that might be part of the equation.

Or maybe he is just a better shot!

rosewood

We had 3-4 types on the table that day, I don’t recall what type tho.

I should have mentioned my brothers gun is a Bull barrel - that might be part of the equation.

Or maybe he is just a better shot!
Mine is also.

krizia829

Rosewood
Great round! My old savage 17hmr that I no longer have loved the 17gr Hornady V-Max rounds. Excited to see what this new one likes. I have plenty of different ammo for it :cool:

krizia829

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I can't wait to teach my little girls to shoot with it!