My season is over before it even starts

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Found out today I have a full thickness rotator cuff tear and a detached bicep...due to a UTV accident at work 2 weeks ago. Surgery to repair my shoulder in the next couple of weeks...8 week recovery and 6 month+ physical therapy.:banginghe

Backstory...
2 weeks ago new guy I was training was driving our Kuboata at work and flipped it. To bad I was a passenger at the time and he flipped it on the passenger side. Dent in door is where my shoulder impacted.
20220817_140328.jpg

Jimmack

I remember my Rotator Cuff surgery and it was no joke! Physical therapy was expensive, painful yet helpful and I healed ahead of schedule. I pre-paid for a guided hunt in the Midwest as a reward at the beginning of my surgery as something to look forward. Kinda like a reward... I hope you heal up fast!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I haD the exact same injury/surgery a few years ago. One of my 2 bicep connectors to the shoulder was the 3/4 torn through so they cut it to let it 're-attach'. My bicep isn't quite so droopy these days so I guess it has reattached.
I in no way skimped on the physical therapy, even had extra, but still wake up moaning in pain at night though…
I guess I am just lucky it was my left shoulder.

JROESEL

Man I feel ya, just walked out of the doctors office, just got released for physical therapy, a month after surgery, blew up left pectoral muscle bench pressing, a carton of staples later it’s repaired, we hope, favorite time of the year, and can’t even hold a fishing pole, much less a bow or gun

ilbcnu

Checking in to Emory tomorrow am to face the music with mine that's been put off to long. I too book. ed a fishing trip to Louisiana first week of June as something to look forward too and motivation to go thru physical therapy. Now days they have a machine you have set up in home for physical therapy. Place your arm in it and it does all the movements for you. Good luck Dutch. Hope all goes well

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Checking in to Emory tomorrow am to face the music with mine that's been put off to long. I too book. ed a fishing trip to Louisiana first week of June as something to look forward too and motivation to go thru physical therapy. Now days they have a machine you have set up in home for physical therapy. Place your arm in it and it does all the movements for you. Good luck Dutch. Hope all goes well
Hope all goes well for you to.

Cletus T.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you heal up quickly and can sneak a hunt in before the season is over.

Chemrick

Looks like it's going to be your right shoulder as well. I never knew just how right handed I actually was until I had my right rotator repaired. Good lord - felt like a child again - even needed my wife to help me button my dang shirt. Just give it a try wiping your behind left handed before the surgery and you'll see what I mean.

hawkeye123

Dangit brother that sucks! An warrior like yourself will cakewalk through PT, just like 1eye said do more than they suggest, bet you are posting a crossbow buck kill in Taylor co bout Thanksgiving!!

westcobbdog

Found out today I have a full thickness rotator cuff tear and a detached bicep...due to a UTV accident at work 2 weeks ago. Surgery to repair my shoulder in the next couple of weeks...8 week recovery and 6 month+ physical therapy.:banginghe

Backstory...
2 weeks ago new guy I was training was driving our Kuboata at work and flipped it. To bad I was a passenger at the time and he flipped it on the passenger side. Dent in door is where my shoulder impacted.
View attachment 1172298

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Really sorry to hear this. Hope you recover quickly.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Looks like it's going to be your right shoulder as well. I never knew just how right handed I actually was until I had my right rotator repaired. Good lord - felt like a child again - even needed my wife to help me button my dang shirt. Just give it a try wiping your behind left handed before the surgery and you'll see what I mean.

I found out...lol Right arm has been in a sling since the accident.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This sucks bigly Dutch. It's a long season so maybe you can rehab enough you can tote an AR to the woods around the end of December and whack a pine goat. I'm sure hoping so!:rockon:

And like Danuwoa said, new guys.:rolleyes:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mighty sorry to hear that, Brother. Due to injuries and healing I wasn`t able to hunt like I wanted to last deer season and none at all last turkey season. Hang in there and concentrate on healing up. Plenty of good seasons to come in the near future. :cheers: