My son !

Kev

My father n law wanted to give my wife and I some of his land at one time. I told him that I’d rather buy it from him. His reply was, “make me an offer”. So I offered him what I thought was fair and he countered my offer with a higher $ amount. I told him to just keep the land.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't sell my son an inch of my land. I'd let him live on it, and it's his when I'm gone, though.

lildorris00

Not sure what your position is but from a tax perspective, its much better for him to inherit the land than to buy it and you potentially pay capital gains taxes on the sell of the land.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I wouldn't sell my son an inch of my land. I'd let him live on it, and it's his when I'm gone, though.
I just think he knows he’s going to get it one day I hope he out lives me.
Maybe he feels like he would deserve it more. I don’t know. He just ran it by me. I didn’t say anything.
Well I wanted thoughts and got them.
:)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe he feels like he would deserve it more. I don’t know. He just ran it by me. I didn’t say anything.

JTWROS - learn it, live it, love it. ;)

turkeykirk

At least he wants to buy it.

My sons said if anything ever happened to my wife they are going to put me in a nursing home. :biggrin2: :biggrin3:

They are kidding. At least I hope they are.:rofl:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
At least he wants to buy it.

My sons said if anything ever happened to my wife they are going to put me in a nursing home. :biggrin2: :biggrin3:

They are kidding. At least I hope they are.:rofl:
I think his thoughts are if he buys it now he won’t have to buy parts later if the sisters get in the act.
Cut the chase and cheaper in the long run. :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think his thoughts are if he buys it now he won’t have to buy parts later if the sisters get in the act.
Cut the chase and cheaper in the long run. :)

Prudent. I just finished buying out my siblings. It's been a long, torturous affair.