Mysterious foot pain

TriggerHappyJake

Ok, so I've been dealing with this for close to a year now. When I am without footwear, my left foot feels completely fine and normal. When I put on shoes and begin to move around I start to feel this dull aching pain on the bottom of my heel and slightly up the side of my foot and to a small tear portion of my arch. I only feel said discomfort in my left foot. When I walk it feels as though my heel tries to ride up the side of my shoe and then when I step down it feels like it slides back into place. When I am sitting or simply do not have weight on my foot I can still feel a slight sensation like my heel is making contact with a high spot whitin the shoe. I have consulted with a doctor as well as purchased numerous pairs of different shoes and inserts. This discomfort has neither grown or diminished and said doctor is at a loss as to what the problem could be after taking x-rays and prescribing injects. It is enough of a discomfort to make me dread wearing shoes. I only posted this because I feel a bit helpless and just wish to know if anyone has ever had something like this happen to them. Thank you.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Not a pediatrist nor have I ever stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but sounds at least to me like you have (to use a old term) a "fallen arch" in your left foot. Ain't got a clue how to "fix" it or to keep it from feeling "creepy". If you find out let me know.
Most shoes have some sort of arch support and IF your arch has "fallen" any shoe will give you the "willies" all the way up to just hurt'n like having a white hot spike pushed through the middle of your foot. Sorry, but welcome to the club.

TJay

I've been dealing with some foot pain for about 4 or 5 months now. At first I thought it was plantar fasciitus but now the Dr. says she thinks it is something called posterior tibial tendonitus. I had an MRI last week and am waiting for her to call me. The posterior tibial tendon helps to hold the arch up.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is the doctor you consulted a podiatrist?

You can work with a podiatrist and get custom made inserts and shoes.

I hope you get relief soon.

Hillbilly stalker

It sounds like your describing what we used to call a “ bruised heel”. Sadly mine was the first stage of Planter factious and heels spurs. I was told by a Podiatrist it was also called “fallen arches”. Step #1 is get out of those shoes. Do not wear any flat soled shoes like flip flops or yard shoes. I went they the injections ( major painful shot) Celebrex for a year and evedy ice treatment I could find. I even bought the $300 Podiatrist made inserts….no help. What helped me was stretching and ice pack for 20 minutes a couple times a day. They wanted to do surgery on mine but I wouldn’t let them. I bought a pair of ”Walk fit” inserts and stretched and mine finally subsided. Sounds silly, but that’s what worked for me. Check out the newer Sketchers tennis shoes, they have a very soft heel, they are the only shoes I can wear without the inserts. I have also heard that problem called a “ Stone bruise”.

Reactions: srb

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Have you thought that you may have an allergic reaction to your shoes - It is a thing. Lots of people are undiagnosed. I found that I had weird foot pain and I bought some hypoallergenic shoes and found relief. I still feel the pain if I wear certain shoes. Allergic reaction in feet are usually due to certain rubbers in shoes. Oddly (and luckily) my rubber hunting boots don’t give me pain? So that is good.

I also had planters. I bought some therapy boots and after two weeks of wearing them I got some relief and then I was all in cranked em up to max stretch. At first I could only wear em for about five minutes at a time, Ended up being able to wear them for hours at a time. https://www.braceability.com/produc...MI4NvN5tjO-gIVHRXUAR2IeQncEAQYAiABEgLhifD_BwE.

Once I cranked them up i found relief in several weeks.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Btw they say your supposed to wear this boots when you sleep… no way for me. Besides the pain it would cause - if you wake up in the middle of the night you can’t walk, to the bathroom. You will break your neck. I found relief wearing them after less than a few hours at a time… about twice a day.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Stretch them Arches, calves and lower back twice daily. The boots help but they’re uncomfortable as heck. Back and foot pain are the worse

TriggerHappyJake

Thank you for all your responses. Hopefully this will work itself out with a little time and effort.