Native American cultural groups

Mtn lover

Google Reinhardt university . Waleska GA
Funk Heritage center.
It's a really cool museum about our native Americans from this (north GA) very region and is arranged in time periods. They really gave a feel for life in that time period.
There is also an awesome display of really old tools that I enjoyed.
I whole heartily recommend a visit. I plan to go back.
good luck.
Jeff

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Been there several times. That's what gave me the idea to do something with mine.
If you can find that one in a million place that will appreciate and use/display them, that's one thing. Most of donated collections get put in a cardboard box in the basement, never to be seen again.

Wifeshusband

Yep, down in Stewart Co. Georgia, my grandfather collected a bunch, usually from plowing. An Uncle of mine decided to donate them to the State. They were never seen again and we don't know where, or even if, they were displayed. Maybe they're in somebody's den.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Before I would donate my collection to a museum or university, I would take each one, lay it on an anvil, and use a hammer to pound them to dust.

I`ll leave mine to my son.
Many years ago when I was trusting to museums, donated to two different one's. One was a Historical Society, the other a county museum. Today, those donations can't be found. In fact, the donation to the Historical society was gone within a week. Back in the day, also trusted a few professional archaeologist, later found they were users, and would steal your thunder so to speak. Reported one of the most significant paleo Indian sites in Hillsborough Co. Fl to the state. They mentioned they looked at my collection. But never gave credit, they took all the credit. Especially two arch's who didn't mind showing they didn't like collectors. 1970's. Never again.

Attachments

• Hernandos.jpg
    Hernandos.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 19