Navarre FL Kayak Fishing

mdgreco191

This is day 1 of my Georgia Kayak Fishing trip to Ft Pickens/Navarre. We drove to Navarre to fish the artificial reefs 1-2 miles off the beach. We ended up having to run from a pop up storm though! We were all OK and ended up catching fish too! It was a great reminder that there is safety in numbers. Thanks to all the GKF members that were watching out!
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jocko755

Another nice video. That Bonita really put a bend in your rod, foul hooked? Maybe swiped at your bait? Rough storm, but I didn't see any lightning which is good.

mdgreco191

Another nice video. That Bonita really put a bend in your rod, foul hooked? Maybe swiped at your bait? Rough storm, but I didn't see any lightning which is good.

Yeah he had the main hook in his mouth, but the stinger hook caught him in the side. There was some lightning and you can see a small strike when I am fighting the fish. You have to look real close to see it and that is one downside of the wide angle go pro lens. The only reason I saw it was due to watching it over and over during editing.

ringorock

Sweet! I've only fished once off of fort pickens. No luck, though. I think we'll take the kayaks next year.

mdgreco191

Sweet! I've only fished once off of fort pickens. No luck, though. I think we'll take the kayaks next year.

Lots of fish at Ft Pickens. If you have a fishfinder on your kayak troll live cigar minnows when you get to about 35 feet of water. Kings and Spanish are almost always around in the summer.