NE GA Bulk Corn

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I know a guy in Walton County south of Monroe.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sent you a private message

jam

I purchased corn from AgrowStar in Dawson Ga. a couple weeks ago. I had our tender filled. It holds 3 tons in which I Paid 7.49 per bushel. If you figure by the pound it comes to 0.1333 per pound. AgrowStar has locations in Ga and South Carolina, there site locations can be searched via the web. I know there are a number of them in the southern and middle of Ga., and there is one in Calhoun, Ga. I am sure you will have to have a a big type container or tender for them to load for you, I don't think they would have the ability to fill drums. There price is according to the current daily market price, so it can vary depending on supply and demand of the market.

wlancaster

I purchased corn from AgrowStar in Dawson Ga. a couple weeks ago. I had our tender filled. It holds 3 tons in which I Paid 7.49 per bushel. If you figure by the pound it comes to 0.1333 per pound. AgrowStar has locations in Ga and South Carolina, there site locations can be searched via the web. I know there are a number of them in the southern and middle of Ga., and there is one in Calhoun, Ga. I am sure you will have to have a a big type container or tender for them to load for you, I don't think they would have the ability to fill drums. There price is according to the current daily market price, so it can vary depending on supply and demand of the market.

Thanks for the info Jam. Sounds like what I am looking for. Please answer a greenhornm question. What is a Tender?

jam

Thanks for the info Jam. Sounds like what I am looking for. Please answer a greenhornm question. What is a Tender?

Portable bin or hopper on wheels that can be pulled around to feed with. Most have a shoot to fill bag or bucket but the one I purchased has a small auger to fill the feeders with.

Attachments

• IMG_6575.jpg
    IMG_6575.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 26

Bud Man

20210606_145754.jpgMy tender is a little bit more primitive lol but it works great holds around 115 bushel. Sure is a lot cheaper to buy it twice a year than it is by the bag. I keep the 55 gallon drum there full of protein to mix with it at the same time

aabradley82

Floyd farms outside Royston has bulk corn. Weigh in, fill up, weigh out and pay. They also usually have bulk bags and barrels for sale if needed