Need a better early season shirt

ASH556

Looking for recommendations on a lightweight wicking longsleeve early season shirt. Wore a longsleeve cotton camo t-shirt (from Walmart I think, it's old) yesterday and it worked, but man I was soaked and miserable by the end. Looking for recommendations on a shirt. I've often thought if they made something like the Columbia fishing shirts in Camo that would be the deal. Not opposed to a longsleeve -shirt type or even a 1/4 zip type.

Doesn't have to be high dollar, just decent.

Realtree APG would be a bonus if available. I have some Redhead early season BDU' pants in that pattern that I LOVE and matching would be cool if possible.

Thanks!

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Acadamy also has a button up that is thin polyester/nylon. Very cool.
Better selection than walmart.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Kryptek Hyperion. Flexible, mesh, and very quick drying.

Kris87

I wear a short sleeve, First Lite lightweight merino shirt on every hunt in early season. You don't need long sleeves. Just be still and you'll stay cool with it.

I really like the first lite merino stuff. The wick hoody is awesome for the warm evenings. But a lot of times I do like Kris and wear just a short sleeve first lite shirt.

Sixes

My favorite is Ol Tom vestless mesh shirt

I also wear First Lite quarter zip or short sleeve, but the Ol tom has zippered chest pockets that are very useful for my phone

Deerhunter12454

Early season I don’t see how it’s possible to not get all sweaty unless you can keep your walk to the stand as short as possible and take breaks. I use a leaf suit with shorts and a t shirt and stay rather cool in the stand. Long walks with a stand on your back it’s almost impossible to not feel like you went swimming in the local creek on the way to your stand.

ssramage

I have started wearing some Black Ovis lightweight merino this year and it is the best thing I've found. I live in Southeast GA where it's HOT and HUMID.

Salter

If you have a Beall's store near you they usually have some long sleeve wicking t-shirts in camo, it is hit or miss but they are cheap.

DSGB

Kris87

The most overlooked thing about merino is how many times you can wear it without washing it. I normally wear my undershirts 3-4 times before I finally throw them in the washer. Wear 'em, maybe hit 'em in the ozone tub, and hang 'em outside. They just don't stink. Same with socks.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The most overlooked thing about merino is how many times you can wear it without washing it. I normally wear my undershirts 3-4 times before I finally throw them in the washer. Wear 'em, maybe hit 'em in the ozone tub, and hang 'em outside. They just don't stink. Same with socks.

That's the best thing to me....and I sweat...bad!

Kris87

That's the best thing to me....and I sweat...bad!

Me too. I put myself in the awful category. I change shirts a lot of times in the tree, but luckily it hasn't been too bad this year. I normally pack all my clothes in when it's cold and wear one layer to keep my temp down.

Gerrik

I wear an under armour shirt sleeve. Then a leafy shirt over it. Breathes fine, and hides my arms.