Need a crabapple and some chestnut trees near Washington County...

davel

Title says it all. One of my crabapples died and the other didn't produce fruit this year without a pollinator. Also need some chestnut trees. The bigger the better.
Thanks for the help.

Eudora

I just ordered 4 American Chestnut trees from Willis Orchards and looking forward to seeing the quality. Interesting thing they mentioned was due to the recent warm weather, some trees were starting to bloom so they are waiting for them to go dormant again.They will ship the size I wanted as they become available. They say they ship the same day they dig them up, so hoping FedEx doesn't sit on these in their distribution center for a lengthy period.

davel

Good luck with that. The FedEx terminal thats serves us is horrible. Worst service I have ever seen. Corporate can't help, managers, supervisors, nothing.

AccUbonD

I just ordered 4 American Chestnut trees from Willis Orchards and looking forward to seeing the quality. Interesting thing they mentioned was due to the recent warm weather, some trees were starting to bloom so they are waiting for them to go dormant again.They will ship the size I wanted as they become available. They say they ship the same day they dig them up, so hoping FedEx doesn't sit on these in their distribution center for a lengthy period.

I placed my order in early November of 21 and got mine just before Christmas. 4 crabapple and 5 persimmon. They all came in one box and no damage. I do live here in Bartow so not far to go. I’m going to try again with them soon with chestnut trees.

glynr329

I found mine on Facebook. Bought 6 about 7 or 8' tall. I seem to have better luck with bigger trees. Buy a lot of trees at Jefferson flea market. A tree 6 or 7' with good root will produce much faster than a 3' tree.

148 Todd rd perry ga. Opened sat 9-5 and Sundays 12-5. Sale every weekend w new item’s weekly. Lots of wildlife trees just came in new stock! From bareroots $2.50 to 8 ft $20. Fruit trees! Every kind that grows in ga! $20. Citrus sale 1 gal citrus oranges lemons and limes

Last edited:

davel

I found mine on Facebook. Bought 6 about 7 or 8' tall. I seem to have better luck with bigger trees. Buy a lot of trees at Jefferson flea market. A tree 6 or 7' with good root will produce much faster than a 3' tree.

148 Todd rd perry ga. Opened sat 9-5 and Sundays 12-5. Sale every weekend w new item’s weekly. Lots of wildlife trees just came in new stock! From bareroots $2.50 to 8 ft $20. Fruit trees! Every kind that grows in ga! $20. Citrus sale 1 gal citrus oranges lemons and limes
Thanks!

Eudora

My 3-4 foot American Chestnut Trees arrived this morning via FedEx from my 1/17 online order. Bare Root, but nicely wrapped and protected. So far, so good

glynr329

I will probably go to Flea Market in Jefferson next weekend. I have bought a bunch from there with good survival rate. Callaway and got them to bring me some Dalongo about 6'. Will let you know.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
No. Are they seedlings? I wanted something in a container with a little more size.
I haven’t shopped with them in awhile, but the last I bought were 2-3 feet pear, plum and sawtooth saplings. Not sure of all the sizes they sell. They seem to be a great company though.

ucfireman

If you just need a crabapple for flowers and pollination usually lowes and HD have flowering crabapples. I have about 5-6 flowering crabs planted for my regular apples.
I do want a few "big" crabapples or "small" apple trees . Apples in the golf ball size or slightly bigger.