Need a float partner? Need a shuttle? Post your upcoming Trips here!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
With all of the rain the local flows are swollen and muddy. I did talk to some guys coming off of the Hooch below West Point, who claimed to have caught over 200 bass and bream. That might be a good float. There may be the need for an Alabama license though. And the Generation schedule could interfere.
This is all within a couple of miles of Interstate 85 at West Point Ga.
If anyone is interested, I will find out about the license and gen schedule.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
When? I have caught some hybrids out of there. I was bank fishing and had to have Alabama license. Can't remember if you need one in a boat.

Pastorj

Clarkshill

I'm always looking for someone to fish the lake with me. If you're interested shoot me a message.

I've got the stripers/hybrids in the zone at the moment and have been killing the catfish.

10580093_10204503765458176_6107930207341312989_n.jpg

Headed out in the morning.

fish hawk

Bass Master
With all of the rain the local flows are swollen and muddy. I did talk to some guys coming off of the Hooch below West Point, who claimed to have caught over 200 bass and bream. That might be a good float. There may be the need for an Alabama license though. And the Generation schedule could interfere.
This is all within a couple of miles of Interstate 85 at West Point Ga.
If anyone is interested, I will find out about the license and gen schedule.

When? I have caught some hybrids out of there. I was bank fishing and had to have Alabama license. Can't remember if you need one in a boat.

http://www.gofishgeorgia.com/node/1301

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I think we still need a section for fishing trips, This sticky is good but people want to have their own title on the thread.

Anyone want to trout fish the hooch this Tuesday or Wednesday morning. 7:30 to 12:00 Duluth area. Abbots bridge to medlock bridge. Or McGinnis ferry to abbots bridge.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Oh I want to, but work is getting in the way of my weekday fishing schedule. Good luck, That is some of my favorite water.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone want to trout fish the hooch this Tuesday or Wednesday morning. 7:30 to 12:00 Duluth area. Abbots bridge to medlock bridge. Or McGinnis ferry to abbots bridge.

I can go on Wednesday.

I think for this thread and others it would be nice to see the most current post on the first page with the old ones on the following pages. Just a thought

Wednesday fishing trip has been set for McGinnis ferry to abbots bridge. Meeting at abbots bridge park around 7:30 to drop some cars. See y'all there

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think for this thread and others it would be nice to see the most current post on the first page with the old ones on the following pages. Just a thought

User CP>Settings and Options>Edit Options>Thread Display Options>Thread Display Mode - select "Linear - Newest First".

Warning - it's an all or none proposition.;)

Hooch Saturday morning 11-8-14 dam to settles.

Dam to settles float trip planned for this Saturday nov 7 from buford dam to settles bridge. If you want to drop a car at settles bridge and have your kayak brought to the launch at buford dam you need To be there by 7:45. 3 people going so far.

Chap

Fishing Trip Fridays - Open Invitation.

I am off on Friday-Sunday each week. Friday makes for a nice fishing day, but Saturday and Sunday are also possibilites as well. If any of you are open on any Friday and want to get together for a float, just let me know by replying here or sending me a PM.

I really want to learn how to fish the inshore saltwater marshes we have. I have some experience with saltwater fishing, but mainly from the beach. So if some of you more knowledgeable folks could show me how to get the job done inshore so I can load my Sea Ghost down with flounder fillets, that would be great. Just shoot me a PM and we'll get together.

I live near Savannah, but day trips and overnighters are cool too. So if you want to fish somewhere else in the state, let me know. I may surprise you buy showing up out of nowhere to fish with you. I really want to get up to North GA and fish Lake Burton from my yak.

Also, if you want to come explore some of the areas I know best, just shoot me a PM. I grew up along the Ogeechee River and know Ebenezer Creek like it's my favorite book. If you guys want to come explore those areas I'd be happy to show you some nice scenery, big gators, bowfin, and chain pickerel. Also, George L. Smith state park is an amazing place to explore. Fishing is so-so, but the place is beautiful.

So, if you ever need a partner for a weekend trip, or feel like showing me a new spot, or need help with a shuttle in South GA, hit me up.

Chap

Anyone up for some inshore salt water this Saturday, 3/7? Shoot me a PM if you are. I am leaning towards Skidaway but I am very open to suggestions.

Chap

If you are up for some kayak fishing on Mother's Day, I'll be putting in at Thunderbolt and hunting specks and reds. Probably launching about 11:00 AM. PM if you want a float partner.