Need a good traffic attorney in Elbert co.

nc dawg

Got a speeding ticket in elbert county and need a good attorney to help get it reduced some so NC don’t take my license
I haven’t been stopped for speeding in over 25 years,and I got a good one.. ps watch out on hartwell hwy at the Guidestones
they’re workin it.

Hillbilly stalker

Used to be NC would take your license for 25 mph OVER the speed limit. Is that still the case ?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Find out who the DA is and give them a call.

Ask if you can plead the ticket down to 68 in a 55 and pay the fine.

You won't get any points.

Verify that this is still in effect. It's been a long time since I've gotten a ticket.

wvdawg

Staff member
Please stay ON TOPIC - re: attorney

nc dawg

Find out who the DA is and give them a call.

Ask if you can plead the ticket down to 68 in a 55 and pay the fine.

You won't get any points.

Verify that this is still in effect. It's been a long time since I've gotten a ticket.
Thx.. I think anything over 9 mph over they send it to NC then insurance premiums triple for three years?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Thx.. I think anything over 9 mph over they send it to NC then insurance premiums triple for three years?
It is/was 14 mph over here in GA.

Just tell them you have no issue with the fine. You just want to plea down the charges so you won't lose your job.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I thought it was 20 over? I got tkt for 45 in 25 last year for first time in many years. Decided to show up in court to dispute. I pleaded my case with judge, I still paid $400 fine but no points. No attorney needed.

It might be.

It's been 30 years since I got a speeding ticket that stuck.

A GSP gave me a ticket for 68 in a 55(I was going much faster) so I wouldn't get points.

GoldDot40

14 mph or less over the posted speed limit is zero points in GA.

To the OP, I've been to traffic court twice in Elbert Co, but the last time was 16 or 17 years ago. Neither ticket ever showed up on my record. If your driving record is clean for the last 3-7 years, they will work with you. You'll need to show up to court in person. This ONLY works if your record is currently clean.

When you enter the court, the solicitor will ask you how you want to plea. Tell them you would like to plead guilty to a lesser speed so that it won't affect your insurance. If he agrees...and he will already have your record pulled to see...then he will make a note and attach it to your citation/file. The judge will see this and usually agrees to the solicitor's request in most cases and drop the speed to at least 14mph or less over the posted limit.

You will still pay a fine, but they won't process the citation to the database. They aren't out to ruin your record, they just want your money. What was the speed noted on the ticket?

nc dawg

14 mph or less over the posted speed limit is zero points in GA.

To the OP, I've been to traffic court twice in Elbert Co, but the last time was 16 or 17 years ago. Neither ticket ever showed up on my record. If your driving record is clean for the last 3-7 years, they will work with you. You'll need to show up to court in person. This ONLY works if your record is currently clean.

When you enter the court, the solicitor will ask you how you want to plea. Tell them you would like to plead guilty to a lesser speed so that it won't affect your insurance. If he agrees...and he will already have your record pulled to see...then he will make a note and attach it to your citation/file. The judge will see this and usually agrees to the solicitor's request in most cases and drop the speed to at least 14mph or less over the posted limit.

You will still pay a fine, but they won't process the citation to the database. They aren't out to ruin your record, they just want your money. What was the speed noted on the ticket?
thx..