Need a little Add-Vice

Doe Dirt

So I’m booking a hunt here soon with a guy who has 3500 acres of trophy managed land in Alabama.
It’s in Montgomery Co, “Black Belt”
Seems like a straight up guy, Land Trust is handling the deal.
It’s 2 1/2 days and pretty much non-guided. Fine with me, I prefer it that way.
He’s been sending me trail cam pics and a few bucks that have already been taken this season. Looks to have some nice ones roaming around.
I can go anytime in the month of January. When would you pick?
Anybody hunted this area before?
He says anytime from after Christmas till end of January is prime time.
Just wanna hear what others have seen.
Thanks!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I agree with reflexman , I hunted Barbour for 15 years and season went out then January 31 and we made sure to hunt the last week of season every year , I know I’ve always been told it’s a different strain but it still amazes me the rut difference from hunting Ga !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was told their rut is last of January first of February.......I’ll be in either Silas or Brantley the weekend of Jan 25 n 26.....hopefully the 27 And 28 too?

smoove

Been hunting over there 25 years probably longer @20th give or take a couple of days has been good for us

TJay

We have gone around MLK day due to some of my friends getting that day off and it always seemed we were about a week early. This year we are going a week later and we are hunting in Autauga co.

Doe Dirt

Appreciate all the replies, fellas.
I’m gonna try to get in there the 20-23rd if it’s available.

Doe Dirt

Got me a spot booked fir Jan13-16th. The later dates were already taken that everyone suggested. Next time I will know if I go back next year.
Man I’m excited, love to try out new areas and see a new piece of ground. Hopefully get in on some pre-rut action. Nothing wrong with that.
I’ll send some pics and give a report when I get there. Let you other guys that are hunting south Alabama know what the action is looking like ?

Doe Dirt

Figured I’d post a little update. I know everyone was wondering about the hunt of this new member DoeDirt.....hahaha jk
I was looking at the forecast for the 13-16th and down in the dumps. Nothing but heavy rain and 70degrees in lower Alabama. As I was pondering what I could do, if anything.....the guide sends me a text and says “how flexible are ya?”
I’m like heck yeah very flexible. He wasn’t happy with the weather either and had a cancellation. So now I’m going this Monday-Wednesday, prime-time.
All this rain is moving out and it’s gonna be low 20’s and high 40’s. I’m already packed and ready to go. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

Doe Dirt

Is anyone else in Alabama or headed that way? Just wondering what everyone’s seeing.
Land owner said they have seen a bunch of smaller bucks out on the move during daylight.

Geffellz18

First time in the woods all season this am in Deep South AL between Brewton/Wing just above the FL line(Escambia county). Deer were up moving this morning right about daylight till about 8. Saw 6 this morning plus a 4pt that was just run over laying in the highway on our way up. Person that hit it stopped to check it out.
Hoping this front moving through and the temp dropping tomorrow night will get them moving even more. Looks like the cancellation may just work out in your favor. Best of luck to you!

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Black belt region is good. It's full of deer. Has the typical Alabama "myth" rut. Maybe early Jan? Mid? Late? Depends who you ask.

Ruger15

We are headed out Wednesday and hunting through the weekend . We will be in West Alabama . Near the town of York. Been going for years around this time and it’s always been good to us.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Headed to Silas(South Bama) Friday night, hope to hunt Saturday Sunday and Monday ....fingers crossed