Need a little Add-Vice

Sixes

He didn’t lie about the costs. I found his club listing and his name and number. And actually it use to be $4,000 and this year it went to $5,000.
What blew me away is that was about the average for that area and that type of property. There were other clubs listed for more than that for a yearly membership. I was blown away.
Wow, must be quite a club for 5K a year!

rugerfan

For 5k a year there better be a butler at the cabin, be put on mega deer, have someone to drag my deer out for me, field dress it, butcher it and deliver it to my freezer, oh and limousine service to and from the deer stand. lol

Doe Dirt

For 5k a year there better be a butler at the cabin, be put on mega deer, have someone to drag my deer out for me, field dress it, butcher it and deliver it to my freezer, oh and limousine service to and from the deer stand. lol
Tell me about it..... I would never pay that type of money for a club. For 5k you could lease you a prime 300+ acres somewhere.

Geffellz18

Man, I hate it for you. I like others was following hoping to read a story of a successful hunt.
The price of that club is pretty much outrageous in my mind.
I don’t even pay that much for my vehicles most times!
Maybe I don’t enjoy hunting that much, but I could never see paying that much money just to hunt an animal. There’s a lot of other great life experiences that can be lived out for that. I ain’t mad at em’ though. To each there own.

Last edited:

Doe Dirt

Man, I hate it for you. I like others was following hoping to read a story of a successful hunt.
The price of that club is pretty much outrageous in my mind.
I don’t even pay that much for my vehicles most times!
Maybe I don’t enjoy hunting that much, but I could never see paying that much money just to hunt an animal. There’s a lot of other great life experiences that can be lived out for that. I ain’t mad at em’ though. To each there own.
Appreciate the reply, I was hoping for a successful hunt also. I would have been fine without even killing a good buck. But I would have at least liked to be in a area where that was a good possibility. Or heck, even see a few nice ones.
Nobody in the group (4) saw a 3.5yr old 8pt or better. And that’s what we were told we were going after. And this was after 5 sits. So you can do the math on that if it was a single hunter.
Talked with LandTrust yesterday and went back over the situation again. Landtrust is good people. They run a booking service where guides can advertise on their site.
Long story short they ended up removing the guy and his listings from their site. And if I decide I wanna book another hunt “through someone else.....” that they would waive the booking fee for me. I’ve got no complaints with them.