Need a taxidermist

ICU2012

Need the best taxidermist in Ga to mount 2 drake cans we killed down in Darien. I live just south of Brunswick, don’t mind diving a few hours to have them done. Casteel mounted some redheads for me a few years ago but I heard he’s not taking any more ducks to do this year. Who’s the BEST y’all know within 3 hours in Ga or north Fl? Thanks in advance

kevbo3333

I talked to Rodney two days ago, he has no freezer space due to the 440 deer he received. He said he will take more ducks in a few weeks. He is the only one I would take birds to in Ga, dude does phenomenal work.

Down4Count

Critters and more taxidermy in Hinesville, Ga. I have a few ducks, deer and fish done by him. Great work and fast turn around times.

Deerhead

Rodney Casteel 229 Klopler Rd Bolingbroke (Macon) GA 476/994-0955 He's doing a deer for me right now. He does great work with birds.

Hammockben1

It's a guy named travis he has done most of my birds he does really good work but there's either him or Jerry Mosley that i use

COYOTE X

South Georgia Taxidermy - Nathan Padgett - Telfair County/Jacksonville Ga.
Good man, does great work.
COYOTE X

mattuga

Banned
I talked to Rodney two days ago, he has no freezer space due to the 440 deer he received. He said he will take more ducks in a few weeks. He is the only one I would take birds to in Ga, dude does phenomenal work.

Another vote for Rodney. There are a few others in GA I've seen that do exceptional work.

Joe Overby

Dana Stanford. Hes not only one of the best in Ga...hes one of the best in the world. He is the curator for Fernbank in Atlanta...the natural history museum. He only does birds.

killerv

Rodney, don't have to get it to him now, it will be after turkey season before he starts on them anyway.

I used a guy out of Gray once when Rodney was backed up, I should have just waited. Mount was so bad I gave it away....just couldn't look at it. Plus the price he quoted me went up 25 bucks by the time I picked it up, he said "the price of eyes went up". Driftwood had red clay on it to top things off. What a joke. Learned my lesson.

ejm

Another vote for Rodney Casteel. His work is unquestioned. Plus, you can hit the clearance section at the Bass Pro distribution center.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
X3 for Dana. Museum quality work.

27metalman

Refer to above... Travis is good. I checked back before Christmas for a buddy of mine and he's at least a year out. Trails End is about the same. Another guy I know isn't doing ducks this year due to the number of deer he has. Good economy means people have a little extra in their pocket to spend on non essential things. Good problem to have I think. Good luck.