Need help w/double cluck plus!!!!!!

sgms18

My brother gave me a Knight & Hale Double Cluck Plus and I am havin a Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- of a time gettin it to sound worth a crap. Is it a pretty good goose call? Yall got any tips/advice on how to blow this thing???:banginghe

GSURugger

my buddy had one, and it was a piece of crap...walk into the woods, close your eyes, and throw it.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
A goose call is much harded to get results from than a duck call. My best advise is to to get a good acrylic(I like Foiles and Grounds), and get with some guys who know how to blow em, and a cd is not a bad idea for some good listening .

SHMELTON

Banned
Haydel h-81 (I think thats the model) is pretty good call. If you don't get the back pressure correct it will never sound correct. Youtube a couple of videos on calling geese and you will see what I am talking about.

DeweyDuck

Double Cluck Plus

This call works on the exhale AND the inhale. It's real easy to get fast with it even though the inhale sound is not very loud. My son can really run one and it it very goosey. They are not comparable to the single reeds though; just easy to learn basic goose calls.

clent586

:D
Is it a pretty good goose call? Yall got any tips/advice on how to blow this thing???:banginghe

No, it is crap.............IMHO:D. Save your money and get a Grounds Super Mag or if you got the itch, go and get a cheap Buck Gardner Poly Canada Hammer or Poly HS, or better yet a Poly Tim Grounds Super Mag. The double clucker ain't worth cluckin with....... You will be playing catch up if you keep using that thing. Get a copy of Scott Threinen's Bad Grammer DVD, http://www.moltgear.com/goose_calling_dvd.htm BEST MONEY HANDS DOWN YOU WILL EVER SPEND ON INSTRUCTION MATERIAL!!!!! Take this advise from someone who has wasted enough money on goose and duck calls to buy 17 top of the line acrylics. Now, someone needs to tell me I am wrong:pop::D:pop:...........and we can get the party started!.........Clent

JerkBait

Banned
i second the super mag. i just bought one from kelly powers and im very pleased with it. the knight and hale is junk, trust me.

browning84

I can second the Grounds part but I just bought a Real Thang, it is a harder call to break over but once you do master it, it sounds good. It didn't hurt though to have Kelley Power tune it and give me a few tips while I was in his store.

clent586

I can second the Grounds part but I just bought a Real Thang, it is a harder call to break over but once you do master it, it sounds good. It didn't hurt though to have Kelley Power tune it and give me a few tips while I was in his store.

The Real Thang is great! The reason I usually don't recommend it to a new caller is that it having a shorter insert and the Tripcrown Guts, it is a little harder. That is a fast call and you can do some thangs with it!! That is the call that lead me to my honker call design.......a little high and a lot of fast!
Here is a couple of my calls that I made for wareagle....Speck and Canada (around 5 1/2" overall).....Red Pearl Arylic
IMG_2542.jpg

Good luck in your adventure and may you put a many blackfeet in the grave! CH

Dble Cluck is best in a dusty drawer or left in the field.

I would tell you to buy any goose call designed off of the magnum clucker design by knight n hale. The original magnum clucker is 9.99at most retail stores usually and then you can spend all the money you want on the acrylics once you have mastered the original short reed. otherwise i'd be happy to come hunt some honkers and show you the ropes to the short reed way....

do you self a favor and buy fred zinks "art of paralyzing geese" or shawn stahl's 'Honker Talk' videos. Two of the best video's on HOW TO use a short reed goose call......

zr

clent586

spend all the money you want on the acrylics once you have mastered the original short reed.

I don't know if you are referring to Knight and Hale inventing the short reed. If you were not I apologize. If you were that is wrong info. Keith Hess actually developed the first short reed and then along with dad, Charlie, started producing them. http://www.customcalls.com/callmakers/duckgoose/hess/hess.htm Not arguing, just giving credit where due. Clent

Not talking about who invented the short reed. Talking about the magnum clucker specifically. I am not aware if Mr. Hess made/makes, what I deem, as a true mag clucker style short reed or whether it is the old 'honker' style call. I can't see a pic of the interals. I have not seen his call so I cannot comment and can only take it for what you state it is.

Thanks for the input.