Need info. On hunting hogs

LNK

HAVE SOME HOGS "CLOSE" TO MY HOMESTEAD IN GEORGIA. MY QUESTION...HOW DO I KEEP THEM CLOSE AND HUNT THEM.....VIETNAM VETERAN:shoot:

transfixer

If you want to keep them around the area then set up a bait station/feeder, do a search for wild hog bait, lots of different recipes and ways to bait them and keep them coming around, just be careful what you wish for !

LNK

They came back last nite.Rooted up around my farm pond.Really need to find these critters and exterminate them......ANY QUICK HUNTING TACTICS WOULD BE HELPFUL...LNK..

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
They came back last nite.Rooted up around my farm pond.Really need to find these critters and exterminate them......ANY QUICK HUNTING TACTICS WOULD BE HELPFUL...LNK..

You will never exterminate all of them. A night scope will help. Trapping is usually a good way to get rid of multiple animals at once.

Do a search here and you will find lots to read on them

Good luck !!!

LNK

Saw 10 to 12 this morning close to my back door.Two were HUGE.They are getting to close.Not sure what to do!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Saw 10 to 12 this morning close to my back door.Two were HUGE.They are getting to close.Not sure what to do!

Did you shoot them. That would be a good start. Build a corral style trap or offer to let a couple responsible folks to help out. A sow will have a litter about every 4-5 months so it won't take long to be overrun with them

muzzy17is

go on YouTube and their is plenty of info on hog traps and how to build them. As far as bait, to get them in quick get you a five gallon bucket, fill it 3/4 of corn then full with water, put a lid on it and sit in sun for a couple of days. Put it where you want it, inside trap preferred, and hogs will come. Once they are there strait corn will keep them coming back.

LNK

Do they move around during the day light? I have time to hunt them if I could find them! I have deer hunted here 28 years and this is the first time I have seen them.And it many...Thanks for info. Guys..:shoot:

MNboy82

Any chance you would like some help curbing this hog population? I have a random work schedule, so would be happy to sit and wait on a random weekday and harvest a hog or two.