Need scope base and rings for a........

lswoody

Remington 760. I'm putting a 1.5x6x32 on it. Want a good reliable base and rings. Without spending much, what should I get? And where can I get them? Thanks, Scott Woody

NotaVegetarian

Mounts are like caliber’s there are many out there, style’s, and types of different construction and mounting. My thoughts are to use good quality mounts, Redfield, Leupold, Warne, and Burris. Weak mounts or poorly fitting, can mean the difference between success and not. The cartridge you mentioned is a fairly low recoil, so dual dovetail Leupold mounts would not be necessary, but would work nicely and look really good on that gun. Now it’s where to buy them, shop around some times the local gun shop down the street has a set that has been on the shelf for years, so you may be able to get a good deal, shop the internet, MidwayUSA, Midsouth Shooters Supply, Cheaper than dirt, think about how much shipping is, compare the price to what you can find locally. Hey there is a gun show over in Perry GA, in the morning at the AG center. They will probably be some there swing by and see……

NotaVegetarian

PS

We might get more responses to this one in the Firearms and Black Powder and Reloading forum……. But I am just thinking out loud…..