Need some ideas

JROESEL

Good afternoon gentleman, this isn’t hunting related, but I have no idea where to post it,
My little ones are wanting to go ride a train this fall, October-November, does anyone know of any that are good for kids and have other things to do for them around where the station is??? We will probably stay for a couple days and spend some time there, prefer a train ride for couple hours or so, any help will be greatly appreciated, looking around north ga, tn, nc, area
Mods if this needs moved, just let me know please

KevChap

Banned
I guess it depends on who you are and where you post. I posted something about a food plot at the around a campfire and that's supposed to be to talk about anything... they moved me to the correct spot ? these people are the best on here. Anyway good luck on your trip my kids would love to do that too

Last edited by a moderator:

oldfella1962

Blue Ridge Scenic Railway in N GA.
Good luck!

totally agree! Great scenery all along a river valley. I saw a lot of families with kids when I rode around early November a few years ago.

georgiabound

I second the Blue Ridge Scenic. Took my grands there a few years ago and they loved it! Rode from Blue Ridge to McCaysville, then had about a hour wait for the return. Went to a small ice cream shop for refreshments while waiting. The train travels about 25 mph alongside the river for the majority of the way.

Cwb19

Just make sure you make reservations at blue ridge Went there 4th of july and they were booked out 2 weeks

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Chattanooga. Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum.
TVRail.com
They have it all. Museum, outdoor static display of engines and equipment, short steam local ride including a stop at the restoration shop. Longer trips, and sometimes Thomas the train visits.
Hiwassee Loop
Summerville Steam Special will be our next choice. it includes a turntable demonstration (Engine turnaround) on the historic table in Summerville. 9 hour trip.

greg_n_clayton

Another one is up around the Southern Smokies in NC. I will see if I can find the info.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Me and my family have done the Blue ridge scenic 2 times and we enjoyed it very much . I thought I had some pictures but this was my cousin’s daughter during our stop in McCaysville . 5EF9918C-B9C1-4D07-813B-CA84FFAD45B1.jpeg

greg_n_clayton

That Smokey Mountain Railroad is the one I was thinking. They do different themes at different times.

greg j

If you ever get to Sault St Marie Ontario, take a trip on the Agawa Canyon tour train .....It's fantastic.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
We did the blue ridge railway, I think it was Christmas in July or something.
There is also one in Alabama that does a polar express themed train ride. Based on the hot chocolate scene