Need suggestions for wife's birthday and milestone anniversary coming up.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Need help here folks.
Wife turns 70 in January.
Looking for somewhere warm to take her (we're both Fl. born and raised so that's not special).
She doesn't do offshore or cruises well.
Budget ~ $3K

June is our 40th wedding anniversary.
Need major trip ideas. I'm thinking about Amsterdam.

Budget ~ $5K - $7K

All ideas appreciated.

Cmp1

BANNED
Overseas,I'd say Germany or Austria,,,,Amsterdam can be pretty dirty,esp near the Queens birthday,,,,get a cheap flight to Frankfurt,get a Eurrail pass,head to Austria,,,,

zedex

Gator Bait
Overseas,I'd say Germany or Austria,,,,Amsterdam can be pretty dirty,esp near the Queens birthday,,,,get a cheap flight to Frankfurt,get a Eurrail pass,head to Austria,,,,

Listen to the man. I never made it to Austria, always wanted to. Germany is a fantastic place to visit. I wouldn't want to live there, had a blast visiting

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’d say go back to Florida except this time turn it up a buncha notches then Florida will be special again.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
June I would go to Alaska.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
June I would go to Alaska.
I hope to do this one day. I'm from Scottish decent. I've always thought about visiting the home country. Maybe retrace your family roots and visit there

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Southern Germany and Austria are awesome. I lived there for 2 years. Visited recently.

ROME!

If she likes art. The Louver in paris cant be beat.

Viking river cruise down the Danube.

Also costa rica:
They specialize in eco tourism. Rainforest etc. Not to mention great inshore fishing.

Lived in Germany for almost 6 yrs. Bavaria, the castles, the Alps and the small, quaint villages across into Austria are no less than awesome. We didn't do a Danube cruise as mentioned above, but it would be absolutely wonderful without a doubt.

A stay at Colmberg castle, along with a day spent in Rothenberg (nicest walled city in Europe) would also be a huge hit.

For our tastes, Holland/Amsterdam was always 3rd after the German/Austrian Alps and the Black Forest trips. The vistas in either one far outweighed anything Holland or northern Germany had to offer.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Lago Majore in north Italy, foothills of the Alps. Great restaurants and romantic hotels. Ferry up the lake to Switzerland. Lots of historic structures and art museum. Day trip back into Milan if she wants to shop.

Lago Majore in north Italy, foothills of the Alps. Great restaurants and romantic hotels. Ferry up the lake to Switzerland. Lots of historic structures and art museum. Day trip back into Milan if she wants to shop.

We once did a day trip, waking in Germany and having breakfast. Lunch in Austria and dinner in Italy. The views as you drive looking at the Alps are something to be savored.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We once did a day trip, waking in Germany and having breakfast. Lunch in Austria and dinner in Italy. The views as you drive looking at the Alps are something to be savored.

Yep, the scenery is definite eye candy. For Lago Majore, fly into Milan, short trip north from there.

Cmp1

BANNED
The small out of the way towns are really something to see and enjoy,,,,although not small,with a Eurrail pass,I would recommend Koblenz On the Mosel river in Germany,,,,

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I hope to do this one day. I'm from Scottish decent. I've always thought about visiting the home country. Maybe retrace your family roots and visit there
Ding, ding,ding. We have a winner.:rockon:
Or you could take her to Helen, Ga. :rofl:

Last edited:

notnksnemor

Or you could take her to Helen, Ga. :rofl:

Do they have a Golden Corral there? :rofl:

Austria is definitely a possibility.

The January (winter) trip is the one I'm really struggling with.
Mexico is out, except maybe Cabo.

Might look into Trinidad/Tobago. We know some people from there and they are good folks.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Give her the money for both trips all at the same time. Tell her what it is for and that she can do anything with it that she wants to.

Step back and see what happens.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Do they have a Golden Corral there? :rofl:

Austria is definitely a possibility.

The January (winter) trip is the one I'm really struggling with.
Mexico is out, except maybe Cabo.

Might look into Trinidad/Tobago. We know some people from there and they are good folks.
I feel sure there is a Golden Corral there.:rofl:

notnksnemor

Give her the money for both trips all at the same time. Tell her what it is for and that she can do anything with it that she wants to.

Step back and see what happens.

She'd put the money in her purse and then fuss at me for not getting her anything for her birthday or anniversary.