Need to ship my SX3 back to Browning

44magpastor

DuraTouch coming off, making it too sticky to handle. Never sent a gun back before. Anyone with some experience out there? Any idea of how long it takes to get it back?

fredw

Retired Moderator
I returned a BPS for the same issue. It took Browning five months to return it to me. This was a couple of years back when the DuraTouch issue first surfaced.

au7126

31 plus years ago I was carrying my new 270 A-Bolt on one shoulder and a climbing stand on the other, Somewhere on the back country of Cedar Creek I slipped and down went me and the equipment, The finish on the stock made me cry, Called Browning and was pleasantly surprised to speak with someone that had me ship back, Got a call in a week that said nothing bad had happened Gun was back in about five weeks,

krizia829

DuraTouch coming off, making it too sticky to handle. Never sent a gun back before. Anyone with some experience out there? Any idea of how long it takes to get it back?
I worked at Bass Pro for 7 years and have shipped firearms to several manufacturers for repair. Our policy was that it had to be purchased through BPS. We normally would call, request an RA# and send it out and customer is responsible for any costs relating to repair if not covered by warranty. Manufacturer would contact either the dealer it was sent from, or the owner directly. Return times vary but we usually would get firearms back within 3 months or so. Some manufacturers like Remington were using certified gunsmiths in their area to cover the repairs due to high volumes. Best bet is contact Browning directly, ask for the process to send by yourself, if not, ask your local gun shops if they offer the service of shipping for you and how much it'll cost. If you send yourself, pay for insurance and make sure to get tracking #.

Tom W.

I sent a RIA pistol back to the factory twice. It had some glitches that I didn't trust. When it came back the second time I could rack the slide and the pistol immediately went to halfcock. I traded it off in a hurry.

Latest posts