Neighbors complaint

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I had a neighbor over 1/3 of a mile away from our field complain about pellets hitting his new tin roof. I mean come on....

Hillbilly stalker

You don’t wanna let it go the legal route if possible. You won’t like the outcome. You best find a way to remedy it yourself. We all know that it is not physically hurting anything….but that’s besides the point. It technically could. Like stated before, a call to the Sheriffs office for possible property damage, disturbance of the peace will start a paper trail. Calls to DNR for reckless shooting or hunting will add to it. Then when he goes and hires one of them slimy Ambulance chasing attorneys and sues you for giving his cat and dog seizures, roof damage the equivalent to hail damage, it will get expensive. An olive branch and an invite would be the best approach. And then sometimes things just stink. I would find a way to respect his request of not shooting toward his house. That’s a big no no in my book without anyone telling me so. I try to respect everyone’s private property rights and expect the same from them.

Wire Nut

There’s still no right answer to this. I could sell all my shotguns and move to the city and try for yard of the month, but I’m not. I could have a wreck on the way home and die, but I’m still driving and not walking. If, ifs ands and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year long.

Wire Nut

I need to be honest. I’m hunting in a spot where there are no houses for a loooong way. This is a good thread though

Wire Nut

“I try to respect everyone’s private property rights and expect the same from them.”
I’m pretty sure that’s the entire conversation. Everyone has the right to do what they want to with their property as long as it’s within the law.

Hillbilly stalker

I saw a bunch of yankee imports get the Charlotte motor speedway removed from Charlotte and sent to Concord NC over noise . Think about the money and juice NSCAR has…and they lost the battle. Times change and money talks. I hate it, but it’s reality. If you can’t keep it on your property, it’s going to be a problem.

Bunch of Yankees built a subdivision right up the road, their working on shutting down the paper mill over the smell. It’s been there a long long time. They just got it into the court system.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
“I try to respect everyone’s private property rights and expect the same from them.”
I’m pretty sure that’s the entire conversation. Everyone has the right to do what they want to with their property as long as it’s within the law.

This, exactly. Good luck with your birds. I hope you are covered up.:cheers:

Tight Lines

A lot of pheasant hunting land has been lost where I grew up because folks could not keep their shot from hitting the landowners barn, house, cars, or tractors...or worse, livestock...

You own your land, you don't own your neighbor's...keep it inside the fence...

Irrespective of his beliefs, politics, etc. he has a right to not be worried about this on his property...

There is a way to figure it out...