New AR-15 Build...

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sure
Geissele also has a small horseshoe type spring they send with some of their triggers...I'm not sure if it is anti rotation or additional retention...I installed a couple of G2S-E I think... that had them for the trigger pin...not the hammer

Tight Lines

Everything off to cerakote and the bolt to the barrel maker for headspace clearance...so I'm guessing I am about 12 weeks from starting assembly so this thread will go dormant for a while...

Jester896

Senior Clown
Like my tool wait for truing the 700 action with standard threads.
The barrel they did for me they told me X amount and it was only 1/2 that time...don't know if my friend had anything to do with that.

like some of the stamp waiters support groups I've seen :)

Tight Lines

Sure
Geissele also has a small horseshoe type spring they send with some of their triggers...I'm not sure if it is anti rotation or additional retention...I installed a couple of G2S-E I think... that had them for the trigger pin...not the hammer

I didn't see one but I also haven't looked thoroughly...the HSNM has 3 sets of springs with it...and I think it holds the pins in pretty well...I have a good machined forged lower that should be good specs...so maybe won't use the anti-walks...we'll see...it was like $30 or so...not a big deal.

Tight Lines

Here is the cerakote Camo I picked:

Kuiu-Vias.png

Kuiu Vias

Tight Lines

Bartlein barrel from Compass Lake Engineering arrived today. Much faster than anticipated.
  • 18"
  • 1:7 single cut rifling
  • .223 Wylde chamber
  • .750 gas block
  • M4 feed ramps
  • Headspace bolt
  • Fluted and bead blasted

IMG_0876.JPGIMG_0877.JPGIMG_0878.JPG

Tight Lines

Well, I have most everything but a stray part is showing up here and there...I should be getting the cerakoted parts back in the next couple of weeks and can start assembly...here is the charging handle I ordered way back in the spring...the biggest outlier is still the scope but I know that won't be here until December...

tempImageFFPAnU.jpg

Reactions: Dub

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mine will put 10 shots inside a dime if I am careful at 100 yds.
Colt lower Geissele SSA-E two stage trigger
White Oak Armament 18" varmint upper fluted 1 in 7" twist
Bushnell 4.5-18x40mm scope with custom turret label accurate out to 900 yds.
Shoots like a sewing machine.

Attachments

• thumbnail_WOA & TARGET .jpg
    thumbnail_WOA & TARGET .jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ChidJ

Dunno why I hadn’t seen this one yet but you and I have been parallel thinking on this one. I’m almost done with an almost identical gun to yours. Only thing I’m waiting on is the V7 barrel.

Great minds must think alike

Tight Lines

Dunno why I hadn’t seen this one yet but you and I have been parallel thinking on this one. I’m almost done with an almost identical gun to yours. Only thing I’m waiting on is the V7 barrel.

Great minds must think alike

Nice! I'm only waiting on the parts to come back from the cerakoter and then the optic which I know is probably a December delivery due to the way I ordered it (friends and family discount). I expect that the components will arrive in the next couple of weeks, and I'll get it assembled and ready to sight in around Christmas with the final optic...post up some pics of yours!

Tight Lines

@KS Bow Hunter will do. The magic numbers are 3/4 inch groups and 9lbs total. Fingers crossed

I'm not sure what mine will weigh, I have not checked the parts...most of it is Ti, V Seven 2055, V Seven 2099 alloy hand guard, 7075 receiver set, and the barrel is fluted...so should not be too heavy...the PRS is a heavy stock...not trying to shave a ton of weight, but also not trying to build a tank either...

Last edited:

ChidJ

Yeah one slight difference with my most recent setup is I went away from the PRS stock because of the weight. I went with the LuthAR MBA1 to shave some ounces off. It certainly doesn’t feel quite as bombproof as the PRS but I need to save the weight and I don’t plan on busting down any doors or windows with it. This is gonna be my rifle for Mammoth Sniper Challenge (if it ends up being accurate enough) so I’m cutting weight wherever I can. That’s a big reason I sprung for the V7 Enlightened stuff.

Edit: I have the 1-6 and have looked through the 1-10. You’re gonna like it and it’s gonna do exactly what you intend to ask of it

Tight Lines

@ChidJ I almost went with the LuthAR MBA but decided to stick with the PRS. Excited to get it all together...everything except the Vortex, BUIS, Trijicon RMR and a new monopod are here...as soon as the parts come back I'll assemble it, and then figure a couple of months later the optics will be here and after deer season I can play with it on some yotes and pigs...

Tight Lines

@ChidJ I have a full V Seven 2055 receiver and hand guard also off at cerakote too (the one above is only 2099 hand guard with normal 7075 receiver set) that I am going to build as well...thinking maybe a 20" 22 Nosler or 6MM ARC on that one...will be similar to the above with all Ti & light weight parts...haven't decided...also thinking 6.5 Grendel...

Last edited: