New challenges this season; UPDATE 1/31/24

Pilgrim

Had surgery on 7/26 to get clear margins from a cancerous tumor (sarcoma) that popped up on on my left arm between my elbow and my tricep. Because I needed a skin graft, I haven’t bent my arm in 10 weeks; but just got cleared for physical therapy- and started yesterday
I’m hoping to get full strength and flexibility back, but it’s going to take time.
If you have something suspicious pop up, get it checked out.
If you’re interested in the details, here’s a link to my CaringBridge:
A CaringBridge Site was created for Marcus. It‘s a caring social network to help people stay connected with family and friends during a health event.

Visit Marcus's Site: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/markscancerjourney4
Site Name: markscancerjourney4

Attachments

• IMG_3284.png
    IMG_3284.png
    493.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3283.png
    IMG_3283.png
    522.7 KB · Views: 62

ASH556

Oh my goodness! Glad you’re on the mend!

Holy smokes ! I’m glad you’re coming. Around that’s a heck of a hole there bubba.. glad your doing better

Pilgrim

Thanks so much! I’ve never had a setback like this, so I am eager to see how the Lord will lead me through it. We’ve already been blown away by his provision and care. Hopefully I will be able to pull back the bow by the end of this month or first of next month. The good news is, I’m right handed, so I don’t think it would keep me from getting my bow back, but I definitely need full mobility to use my climber.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I hope your therapy goes well Do what they say to do.
This^^^ Dang brother, I’m glad y’all got it out!
I know your eager, but I hope the Lord will send you some patience! Not moving your arm for 10 weeks is a long time. I would be surprised if you can even hold your bow up…….you will, but be patient! God Bless you and keep you.

Pilgrim

Just wanted to update that the physical therapy has gone amazing. If you are in Macon, I highly recommend Sammy Bonfim as a physical therapist. At the beginning, he had a goal of getting my arm back to a 120 degree bend. Well, thankfully, we got it to keep going, and now I have almost completely full range of motion. It's taken a bit to get the muscles back in shape, but I'm doing fantastic now. By God's grace, I was able to harvest two yearling bucks this month, and I am just as pumped as if I had shot an old mature buck. It's good to be back!!

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 28

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Just wanted to update that the physical therapy has gone amazing. If you are in Macon, I highly recommend Sammy Bonfim as a physical therapist. At the beginning, he had a goal of getting my arm back to a 120 degree bend. Well, thankfully, we got it to keep going, and now I have almost completely full range of motion. It's taken a bit to get the muscles back in shape, but I'm doing fantastic now. By God's grace, I was able to harvest two yearling bucks this month, and I am just as pumped as if I had shot an old mature buck. It's good to be back!!
Way to get back at it! I am pumped for you!!

paulito

Just curious.....Did Sammy attend Mercer University by chance? Bonfim doesn't seem like a real common sirname. I went to school and played ball with a Sammy. If its the same guy, he is a really good dude. Glad to hear he is doing well and did great gettign you back on the mend.

Pilgrim

Just curious.....Did Sammy attend Mercer University by chance? Bonfim doesn't seem like a real common sirname. I went to school and played ball with a Sammy. If its the same guy, he is a really good dude. Glad to hear he is doing well and did great gettign you back on the mend.
I'm not sure. He is from Athens, but I think he's been here in Macon for a while. He's around my age: 50

paulito

Ha, Yeah i think thats him. I looked him up as well and it's him. Great guy. Haven't talked with him in years. Glad to see and hear first hand that he is doing good things.