New England

dixie

A friend of mine called me yesterday, a older gentleman, about my age, and had decided to get back into deer hunting and had bought a New England 30-06 rifle. A single shot carbine, MAYBE three feet long. He wanted to know if I'd sight it in for him.Talk about a little tack driver at a 100 yards. We were shooting 220 grain coreloks at a 100 and was on paper to start with, just a few adjustments and that little rifle was shooting three shot groups all touching each other. Recoil was much less than I expected also from that small a rifle. Looks like New England is making a super nice shooting machine.

Jeff Phillips

Dixie - My brother has been using 1 in 270 for several years and loves it :clap:

Glenn

Dixie I don't have one of NEF's rifles but I do have their Huntsman muzzleloaders and they are great. Built very well and you can get different barrels for it if you wanted to change from a 270 to a 308 or what ever.

Very good!

Plus they are cheap :clap:

TJay

I have never owned one of their single shot rifles but that will probably change in the near future. They have a great rep and their ultra hunter is a fine looking rifle. I have always wanted a 25-06 and the nef piece might just fill the bill for me.

Arrow Flinger

Until I gave it to my Daughter and her hubby last year, I had one in 243 and it was a tack driver also. A very safe gun too. Dang, I miss that gun (and my Daughter).

leoparddog

I saw one of their rifles in 38-55 with custom sights and lusted in my heart for it. I was buying another rifle that day and almost bought two. I may go back to the store to see if its still there this fall.

Clint-06

I love "affordable" guns, I have had a bull 223, a 45/70, but my favorite was a 44 mag that I had the barrel shortended to 16". Man that thing was short and thumped both ends hard!
Also have a 12 gauge, put 3" OO buck in that and it will dislocate your eyeballs!

Clint-06 :D