New Format For The 2010 J-BAIT

Shane B.

Make no mistake my good friend, HAWGHUNNA. I am truly 50/50. I honestly could care less. My support for "c" is based on my desire to have the most support for our tournament. For example, the BANG and SWAT guys don't routinely use 10hp motors. We may lose their support if they have to fish it electric or try to find 10's and cannot. You'll open up another can of crap if you try to make us fish Juliette electric only and may lose support. If the majority decides on "b" then let's have it at Juliette every year. I just think for the sake of stability, let's decide on a format and go with it from now on......
Juliette sounds good to me every year, at least the lake is big enough to where you dont have to be on that merry go round!

HAWGHUNNA

It's sure to spark.:stir:

Why wouldn't anyone want to see or help their club win a challenge such as this ::ke: . I mean, it looks as though 2 of the 3 formats are liked pretty equally, and once a club wins and decides the following year's J-BAIT format ...... It's only for 1 year, and then we (the clubs) battle for that privilege again. I think that it's awesome. :hammers:

DEZZY

I dont think anybody should know where its going to be until the week of it then draw it then all the crying will stop.Then nobody has the upper hand because then its off limits and cant anybody say well we did have a chance to fish it.Put all the lakes that each club fishes in a hat and DRAW IT!!

NorthGaBowhunter

Make no mistake my good friend, HAWGHUNNA. I am truly 50/50. I honestly could care less. My support for "c" is based on my desire to have the most support for our tournament. For example, the BANG and SWAT guys don't routinely use 10hp motors. We may lose their support if they have to fish it electric or try to find 10's and cannot. You'll open up another can of crap if you try to make us fish Juliette electric only and may lose support. If the majority decides on "b" then let's have it at Juliette every year. I just think for the sake of stability, let's decide on a format and go with it from now on......

I'll ditto this 100%:cheers:

tsnider08

Do you not understand the concept of debate and discussion? The only thing that is out of control is your ignorant post. I truly question your level of education, and believe that people like you is what makes things difficult. We have a great leader that does his best to make this the best event for those of us that participate in it. If you don't listen to the people that participate in the event, you won't have an event! And when is the last time you seen the tax man collecting money at a fishing tournament. Really??

HAWGHUNNA

This whole thing is crazy!! This is not run well at all. You can tell this by the way it is out of control. This thing needs a real leader. Make a rule and stick with it. Do not change because 4 out of 10 people say to change it. then later you change it again. Im sure this turns a lot of fisherman off of this Tournament because of all the munbo jumbo going on. This thing needs a real leader. Not someone who changes with the wind.

Thank tha Lord, another fan :)

I'm quite sure that you are not the only person who thinks this. Maybe I do myself ...... heck, that's probably why I felt that it was best to allow our Jonboat Club Members to choose the format. Who better than them, to know what they want?

Thanks for your criticism jerad.

RAH

Hey terry, Don't you just love people who stick their nose into things they have absolutely nothing to do with ? Your hearing from the people that really matter, just keep up the good work and I am behind you 100%! Thanks once again for all you do for the clubs and all the Georgia members.

hey jerad heres an idea start up your own club in ALABAMA and see if you can hold it together for 20 + years. these fishermen may have different opinions but its just like everything else in life some people like it some dont. wether you see it or not HAWGHUNNA is doin a great job of organizing this event and he surely has my support. who cares if you dont like it you arent even a member, this is a georgia matter so keep your criticism over the border and leave this to the members. we cant all be people pleasers. but the man does his best. thanks hawghunna keep this tourney alive its gonna be a fun adventure.

HAWGHUNNA

Why not let last years and 4 time champs pick the format and lake of 2010?

That's an excellent idea, and we will ...... as soon as they/y'all become 5 time Georgia Jonboat Club Champions :biggrin2:

Oh, my bad .... not for 2010, all the anglers are picking it.

Shane B.

change

Just wondering, why the guys that voted for c dont want to just put it all on the line in one day and face everybody at once?:huh:

russ010

probably because there is a 2-day tourney there 2 weeks before the JBAIT

Not the only reason, but that's one of the few that I'm hearing of... along with a lot of guys just won't travel that far to fish a lake they aren't going to prefish and throw away $100 bucks plus gas

Shane B.

probably because there is a 2-day tourney there 2 weeks before the JBAIT

Not the only reason, but that's one of the few that I'm hearing of... along with a lot of guys just won't travel that far to fish a lake they aren't going to prefish and throw away $100 bucks plus gas
So then if we changed it to a lake closer to the atlanta area, then the one day would be alright? Because I have no advantage there and I will fish a lake blind. We went to Lathem last year with coldwater and none of us had ever seen that lake before! BTW juliette is not like the smaller lakes, it fishes more like a big res. so you are more able to put a pattern together.

russ010

personally - I don't care... and I really don't think they care about the lakes being fished - the guys are voting the way they want. I just mentioned some reasons I've heard.

But, there aren't any other lakes that can hold 36 boats at one time, unless you get on the big waters. I don't think location will matter, I think they just want a smaller playing field for the day that matters.

HAWGHUNNA

2010 J-BAIT FORMAT

Day 1 Qualifiers .... The top 6 teams in each of the 3 qualifier events will advance to day 2. An entry fee of $70.00 per team is required to participate in either of the day 1 qualifiers.

BANG vs. SWAT @ Cedar Creek on Oct. 9th 2010
SJBA vs. HVBA @ Black Shoals on Oct. 9th 2010
JBA vs. LWB @ J.W Smith on Oct. 9th 2010

Day 2 for the top 18 qualifying teams will be held @ Lake Horton on Oct. 10th 2010.

NOTE : There will be no practices allowed on either of the 4 Lakes mentioned above, after October 4th 2010.

Good Luck to everyone.

russ010

I didn't know you were going to draw for the day 1 events - I thought that was going to be between the individual clubs

MerkyWaters

"A neutral lake will be decided on or drawn by each region to host day 1."

This is quoted from option C. Day one will be decided between SWAT vs. BANG for day one.

Thank you.

Shane B.

change

I will bet that after the jbait is over with, just about all of the people that chose c will wish that we would have just left it the way it was, one day everybody on the lake at once!

HAWGHUNNA

I didn't know you were going to draw for the day 1 events - I thought that was going to be between the individual clubs

"A neutral lake will be decided on or drawn by each region to host day 1."

This is quoted from option C. Day one will be decided between SWAT vs. BANG for day one.

Thank you.

I am finished with debating this tournament. Everything has been decided, now we just need to qualify, fish, and have fun.

I figured that you guys (if nobody else) would be thrilled with how the first leg of the tourney draw turned out, considering that y'all chose Cedar Creek for the format A Norther Lake. :huh: