New Format For The 2010 J-BAIT

russ010

I am finished with debating this tournament. Everything has been decided, now we just need to qualify, fish, and have fun.

I figured that you guys (if nobody else) would be thrilled with how the first leg of the tourney draw turned out, considering that y'all chose Cedar Creek for the format A Norther Lake. :huh:

We chose Cedar Creek for Format A because it was really the only lake we had big enough to hold 18 boats.

When there are only going to be 12 boats at the Regionals, it opens up every lake on our schedules.

It doesn't matter to me - but I want to have answers for the guys who are going to qualify for regionals as to how the lakes were picked since none of us were able to make it down for the drawing.

Muddywater

I will bet that after the jbait is over with, just about all of the people that chose c will wish that we would have just left it the way it was, one day everybody on the lake at once!

I bet that after the j-bait is over with that everyone will be glad that they will not have to hear the complaining:clap:::ke: Was the lake not to be decided by each region?

Last edited:

DAWG1419

Just wondering, why the guys that voted for c dont want to just put it all on the line in one day and face everybody at once?:huh:

Shane I voted for c because people don't want guys like me getting lucky and winning the state championship. A two day makes you work to earn the title IMO and I like two day events. If it were up to me this Jbait would be a 3 day event but seeing how I have to work on Monday and Friday there would be no way I could. Hopefully you will understand where I'm coming from. And also I really wanted to see if I could figure out Juliette that would have been fun. So thanks to Terry for your hard work and I hope we make the tournament.:cheers:

HAWGHUNNA

We chose Cedar Creek for Format A because it was really the only lake we had big enough to hold 18 boats.

When there are only going to be 12 boats at the Regionals, it opens up every lake on our schedules.

It doesn't matter to me - but I want to have answers for the guys who are going to qualify for regionals as to how the lakes were picked since none of us were able to make it down for the drawing.

I bet that after the j-bait is over with that everyone will be glad that they will not have to hear the complaining:clap:::ke: Was the lake not to be decided by each region?

Look guys,

The drawing was held ..... straight up ..... if you guys don't want to fish Cedar Creek, then y'all get together and figure out where to fish.

And by the way, High Falls Lake will be the alternate Lake for day 2.

HAWGHUNNA

And also I really wanted to see if I could figure out Juliette that would have been fun. So thanks to Terry for your hard work and I hope we make the tournament.:cheers:

I have a feeling that you will still get the opportunity to see Juliette as the J-BAIT host in the future, remember that the winning club will choose which format from our poll will be used for the following year.

CWBC may want to consider adding it to their schedule, as well as High Falls .... they are both great fisheries.

And you are very welcome sir.

Muddywater

Look guys,

The drawing was held ..... straight up ..... if you guys don't want to fish Cedar Creek, then y'all get together and figure out where to fish.

And by the way, High Falls Lake will be the alternate Lake for day 2.

Not trying to stir up anything, its just hard to keep up with whats suppose to happen, Being it changes almost daily

MerkyWaters

Not trying to stir up anything, its just hard to keep up with whats suppose to happen, Being it changes almost daily

Kumbaya:bounce:

And by the way, What is the purpose of having an alternate lake??:huh:

Last edited:

HAWGHUNNA

Kumbaya:bounce:

And by the way, What is the purpose of having an alternate lake??:huh:

Horton's low water levels have forced ramp closure in past years.

Unknowingly, High Falls was draw from the hat at the same time as Horton. One of the lakes was handed to me as the alternate, and the other was Horton.

Muddywater

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1vr16j0CMw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1vr16j0CMw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
:fine::banana:

HAWGHUNNA

I really don't care which lake you guys do battle on. Just bring the top 6 from y'allz fall brawl to Lake Horton on the 10th of October for the J-BAIT :biggrin2:

russ010

This won't be our Fall Brawl, if it is then there will be lots of prizes at the regional

Last edited:

HAWGHUNNA

This won't be our Fall Brawl,if it is then there will be lots of prizes at the regional

Could you elaborate please?

And this quote brings up one thing that I dislike about format C ..... We have prizes to be awarded at the J-BAIT. Half of the field will never even get a chance to see them, much less win any of them.

Last edited:

russ010

the regional prizes were local sponsors who had come forth - but then backed out with all the talks on this forum.

they decided they didn't want to be associated with the JBAIT - but were willing to proceed with the fall brawl which they had been approached with before we were ever invited into the JBAIT.

HAWGHUNNA

the regional prizes were local sponsors who had come forth - but then backed out with all the talks on this forum.

they decided they didn't want to be associated with the JBAIT - but were willing to proceed with the fall brawl which they had been approached with before we were ever invited into the JBAIT.

Understood. Then by all means, do not bring them to our regional event(s). They are a part of the J-BAIT.::ke:

russ010

Thank God all we have left are night tournaments for the rest of our season... that sun is brutal

Meason

I wouldn't mind seeing some night tournaments. This w/e almost killed me... it was brutal! I'VE GOT A BURNT BALD HEAD. It didn't help to catch 12#'s and think it was won only to find out Mark Lozynsky had 18+ and dominated....again. He's a monster! I hope he and Derek get eliminated in round one. They are on FIRE and the two most dominant jonboat anglers out there right now....

PS... Leemis; aka, TVD; aka, Hawghunna; aka, HawgHitler, you could arrange for prizes to be at the qualifiers to ensure deserving anglers get their gift bags.... Remember, NEVA GIVE UP!

HAWGHUNNA

I wouldn't mind seeing some night tournaments. This w/e almost killed me... it was brutal! I'VE GOT A BURNT BALD HEAD. It didn't help to catch 12#'s and think it was won only to find out Mark Lozynsky had 18+ and dominated....again. He's a monster! I hope he and Derek get eliminated in round one. They are on FIRE and the two most dominant jonboat anglers out there right now....

PS... Leemis; aka, TVD; aka, Hawghunna; aka, HawgHitler, you could arrange for prizes to be at the qualifiers to ensure deserving anglers get their gift bags.... Remember, NEVA GIVE UP!

I'm thinking that LWB will see Juliette next year, as we bring back a nite tourney or two ...... sure do wish that we could do Meriwether at nite again :biggrin2:

Derek & Mark (and their respective partners) are always a threat everywhere that they show up. And I am looking forward to competing with them on day one of the C format. That is, if Mark chooses to represent the JBA instead of the SJBA :D . And if they both do get eliminated in the qualifier, they can join you in watching the football game on Sunday ::ke:

And, yeah ..... if there is enough prizes gathered up to go around, we could spread them out into the qualifying round. I refuse to give up Mean Mike.